cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DaUsername
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3750H - Virtualization Boot-Loop

Exactly what the titles says, whenever I enable SVM Mode (Virtualization) within my Bios it throws my laptop into a boot loop. No clue what causes this..

Bios version; UEFI - American Megatrends inc. FX505DU.316, 2021-01-28 (SMBios Version; 3.2)
Processor; AMD Ryzen 7 3750H (Claims to have Virtualization support)
Graphics Processor; Nvidia 1660ti
Memory; 32gb SODIMM

I've tried finding help enabling virtualization all over the place (Reddit, Asus, Other Forums) hopefully someone here can give me a hand.

0 Likes
1 Reply
cable_guy
Journeyman III

Yeah this cpu has problems with virtualization. Mine had black screen at start when i enabled virtualization, after trying couple of times i gave up. But recently i was trying again for windows subsystem for Android (can't quite recall what i did exactly sorry) and in first install it asks you to restart pc to enable virtualization and surprisingly this time it wasn't giving black screen so now I'm using WSA without any problem and virtualization is open. Try to enable it in bios before or after WSA, I'm sure if you mess around with WSA and bios you'll enable it cuz i've done it with same cpu. Link for WSA , Thats my BIOS settings:

20240311_115456.jpg

0 Likes