Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

si9lara
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 3200g Issues

Hi everyone!!

I'm writting to all of you because I have problems with my PC, the idea here was to build a low cost PC just for students activities, Office task, some intermediate CAD, casual gaming and a eventual upgrade to better hardware; so I bouhgt the list below, I have to mention that for this built I wasn´t interested in overclocking and thats the reason I bought that MB:

- MB Asus Prime A320M-K with bios updated to 5602 (latest).

- Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3200g.

- RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM Memory (16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2400 MHz, 288-pin DIMM) P/N: CMK16GX4M2A2400C16. I checked it in Asus QVL before buy it.

- SSD Kingston 240GB A400 SATA 3 2.5" SSD.

- HDD Hitachi 500GB 7500RPM.

- EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Power Supply 500 W1, ATX, 500W, 80 Plus White.

Now this is the situation, when the PC was assembled, the first days working with basic task such as MS Office, any explorer, and even AutoCAD, the PC was working very fluently and doesn´t have any problem. However, around the second week the monitor starts to freeze for aroun 3 seconds, then it turns black and finally the image returns normally, all of this happens in a space of 5 or 6 seconds and, in 2 or 3 occasions when the image retuned the application closed and in another occasion it showed a blue screen and the PC finally rebooted.

I have looked in some othe forums, youtube, etc and I have checked temperatures, settings, updating drivers, re install windows from scratch, cheching the RAM modules by separate, and the problem at first seemed to be solved. So we tryed to prove the PC with games such as CSGo and the heaviest one we checked was PES 2020, however the problem appears at 3 or 5 minutes of gaming and remains apperaring around every 40 - 60 min for the rest of the day, even working in other simple tasks. I don´t know what else to try so if any of you had this problem or have any idea of whats happening and how to solve it I'll be very grateful for your help.

Take care guys and again, thanks in advance!!.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sakila
Journeyman III

I found the reason for this issue. It is the DRAM frequency,

Ryzen 3 3200g officially support DDR4-2933 according to the AMD's given information on their website. I checked it manually and it works well from the lowest to until DDR4-3400 and all the values higher than DDR4-3400 didn't work, didn't even boot and sometimes caused BSOD error.

In BIOS defaults the "DRAM frequency" is set to "auto" which is in a range of DDR4-1888 to DDR4-6000 (range can be differ according to the ram you are using)

And my assumption is that the load increase so the DRAM frequency also increased automatically to higher values which can eventually exceed the supported frequency of the cpu (DDR4-3400) which leads to system crash.

SOLUTION : Go to your BIOS and find the "DRAM Frequency". In by asrock B450M motherboard it shows under "OC Tweaker". yours may be different. Just set it to a value between DDR4-2933 and DDR4-3400 (I recommend to use the optimal value which officially supported by the cpu)

that's it.Your motherboard interface might be different, this is mineYour motherboard interface might be different, this is mine

0 Likes