cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Nunes_53
Journeyman III

Stuttering RX 6600 XT and processor ryzen 9 5900x more 16 GB de ram in two combs with 3200 mhz

I'm having problems with suttering in games that is in all games, I have a ryzen 9 5900 x, a TUF GAMING X570-PLUS/BR motherboard, corsair 650 w power supply and two 16 gb ram sticks, I have good ventilation and with ssd and hd.

I guess it's not just me, correct? I will provide the link of my gpu stress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64VTLMaPn4&t=103s

7 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Nunes_53

@mengelag actually posted a similar question you can check out here, and @Justifier recommended some tips that provided a solution for this! 

Take a look through, hope this helps! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Yes, check out the thread. Even if the option that worked for me doesn't for you, there are plenty other troubleshooting ideas in that thread you could try. Best of luck.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

A few days ago i bought a 6600xt Powercolor and then the hell in my head have been started. First - This GPU wasn't working PCIE 3.0, even stressing PCIE just work in 1.1 (OBS: I HAVE A GTX 1070 SC and tried him, working fine! 100%) Tried everything, so i decided to buy another motherboard, from de b450m Steel legends Asrock to an Asus x570-P. Now my GPU works at 4.0 PCIE at full speed!! BUTTTT...I have A LOT, A LOT, A LOOOT of Stuttering, i play in a 144hz but seems to be 60hz by the amount of micro freezing in my screen. I Though it was just with COD: Warzone, tried CS:GO. not too much stuttering but happens very often, CS:GO is nothing to a RX 6600xt. Here some things i tried to stop it -Drivers unistall with DDU -3 different drivers, PRO DRIVERS, Generic drivers -Adv.Option 0.50, 0.55, 0,65, 0,75, 0,90, 1,0.

0 Likes

I solved my stuttering mess in Fortnite by updating my motherboard bios, and by changing frames per second in game settings to unlimited. This made the game stutter much less.

Also playing the game in DX11 or DX12 may also impact stuttering.

Lastly what helped stuttering a little more was changing Adrenaline setting "Radeon Anti-Lag" to on.

So try updating your bios firstly if you have not and it may help.

0 Likes
lysle42
Adept I

this is not normal, and many have had the same problem, most have being able to fix it. but it takes a little bit of work on your part the link above (or below) have some great fixes, I hope all works out as that is a dream box and I would love one. but my 5600x and rx6600 needed some fixing but now it has no stuttering and works great.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I had the exact same problem and thought I had fixed mine the other day with a driver only install, but it can't back. I did ultimately fix it though. This is what I found and did. I installed Windows 11 and the first thing I did was the Windows update. Immediately after the restart all the stuttering came back. So I installed Windows 11 again but this time I only installed the drivers from the motherboard website and software adrenaline editionn and not anything from Windows update. Then I downloaded a third party Windows update manager so you can pick and choose your Windows updates because I found the conflict is with the windows version of the drivers it tries to install. So with Windows update manager you can just go and install the windows software updates and the security updates one by one. I was fine with all the windows software/ security stuff but none of the windows driver updates (you can get that elsewhere though).  Two days problem free now and I've logged quotes few gaming hrs. Best of luck

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

Playing on unlimited FPS in games decreased stuttering for me. Also, updating my bios helped further. This is just some advice I can give.

0 Likes