cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

elnano
Adept I

Rx580 Too High Fan Speed, Black Screen and Locking Up Problem

Hi, I've Rx580 Gpu and I can't play older games. I've Black Screen, Locking Up and Too High Fan Speed after a few minutes join the game. I've tried with Fernbus Simulator, Dirt Rally and Bus Simulator 16. But I haven't any problem Up-to-dated games. Ets 2,Farming Simulator 19 etc. How can I solve this problem and play older games?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I tried Chill with Target Frame Limit(60) and set fan speed 60 from Msi After Burner. And Gpu set 50 degress. Looking better Thanks for your helps mate

View solution in original post

6 Replies

A couple things to do:

I have an RX 580 and yes without setting the Power Limit at +50 and using custom fan and temp settings it throttles making it slow and destabilizing the system.

Here are my RX 580 settings that are 100% Rock Solid for me:

Then I do the following in Windows to make it even better:

1. Disable Fast Startup / Hibernation

2. Set Power Profile to High Performance

3. In settings Gaming disable all game functions (DVR, anything on) this is MS Gaming stuff you likely never will use on PC and it runs no matter what you are doing.

4. Download a program called O&O ShutUp10 from oo-software_com. This disables the behind the scenes Telemetry ( communications happening you didn't authorize or realize is happening, that is wasting your CPU cycles) Just let it change the recommended settings. None of this existed in Windows 7 because they didn't spy on you back then, so you don't need it now. I recommend disabling it and potentially regaining 5-15% of your CPU'S  muscle to go back towards gaming. Plus the added benefit of keeping MS and any 3rd parties they let in on the information out of your business. On older CPU'S I have been amazed at how much more responsive overall the system is with this change alone.

5. Set any Anti-Virus software to it's game mode if it has one.

0 Likes

5. I haven't already a antivirus software.

4. I can't take this risk. I checked my GPU after shutdown problem and it's was realy hot.

3. I tried all advanced settings step by step. GPU temp 50-58°C for low settings and 58-75 for medium settings. I tried your settings and not help to me.

2. How can I do? I guess, missed this settings

1. I don't know how can I do.

75 fine for that GPU is fine. You go higher it may throttle. You might have ventilation issues in your case. Open the side, even place a small desk fan blowing in. See if that helps.

0 Likes

I will try that. I tried Fps limit to 60 and  helped to me for cooling. Now better than before .

0 Likes

If you are not using chill, give it a try. I use it in my most intensive games. My FreeSync Range is 44-76 so I set chill to 45 min and 75 max.

0 Likes

I tried Chill with Target Frame Limit(60) and set fan speed 60 from Msi After Burner. And Gpu set 50 degress. Looking better Thanks for your helps mate