cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

choll
Journeyman III

Rx580 black screen

First of all sorry for my bad english. I have been facing an issue that i dont know to solve. I have a very old computer. Its an intel xeon z400 with everything stock. I upgraded my gpu from gtx750ti to a used rx580 sapphire nitro 8gb. The first week of the card was fine everything was running perfectly. But after a week of using the gpu, i started getting black screens. The black screens were random sometimes the black screen would happen and i had to restart my pc by holding the power button and power on the pc again and it would run perfectly fine. Sometimes the black would happen 2 times and then pc would start running normally and sometimes it would keep happening as soon as i launch a game. These past 3/4 months have been very frustrating for me and emotional as well as this pc is very close to my heart and seeing that this is happening to my pc is very heartbreaking. I have tried a lot of things but nothing worked. I have:

tried a different powersupply

tried the gpu in another pc

tried a lot of different amd drivers

undervolting the gpu

repasting the gpu

installing a fresh windows But all failed to get the job done. Currently, as soon as i join a game on roblox my screen goes black and i hear weird noises in my headphones. I would really appreciate it someone could help me on this matter. Replacing the gpu/any part of the pc is out the question as i live in a third world country and times are already difficult just to get bread on the table so i am in no condition to change the pc or any part. I would be super happy if someone finds me a solution without changing the gpu.

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Forerunner

@choll wrote:

tried the gpu in another pc

What happened when you tried the RX 580 in another PC? Did the card exhibit the same problem in the other PC or only in your PC?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes