Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

alzakiel
Adept I

RX570 Input not supported after installing drivers

Hello Everyone

I want to say that everything was working number one before i decided to reinstall my windows 10 today. I just had some issue with Phantasy Star Online 2 being nuked by microsoft after resetting my PC and being unable to delete the game no matter what i did, but that's not the problem now.

Ever since then everytime i reinstalled windows today, when it decided to install GPU drivers when it wanted to switch to 1920x1080 all i ever got was a black screen with ''Input not supported'' floating around it. After that i said that the problem was maybe microsoft drivers and installed Adrenalin before windows manage to install their own.

But the same result happened again...

Did my GPU just die or is there somehow a problem that i have no knowledge of ? If it did well f***... it won't even have lasted a year and i don't have any warranty because i don't have access anymore to the amazon account i've used to bought this and i doubt i'll get anywhere with MSI without a receipt -_-

For now i just plugged in my old Radeon HD5450 that i keep exactly for this kind of situation and everything working fine even at 1920x1080.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First thing I would do is install the HD 5xxx GPU again and upgrade to Windows 2004. 

Then after updating Windows to the latest version, install the RX 570 and see if it works or not.

Post back what is occurring.

To connect to a different GPU Output you will need an Active HDMI>DVI adapter to see if your Monitor is working via HDMI output. Same with the DP output.

But that is not important for the time being. First upgrade to Windows 2004 and see if your problem is the same or not.

EDIT: I was thinking before you upgrade to Windows 2004, remove all traces of the current AMD Driver using DDU in Safe mode with the internet disconnected and deleting C:\AMD folder in your Root Directory. Then install your RX570. It should boot up to Windows with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter since there is no AMD driver installed. Than go to Windows Settings - Display and choose 1920x1080 and see if your monitor works with that resolution using Windows Microsoft Display driver.

If it does, then go to Windows Device Manager under "Display Adapter" and click on your RX570 then click on Driver update and let Windows install whatever version AMD driver it has. See if you continues to get the same result of no video Out of Range or your Monitor is now working with 1920X1080 Resolution with the AMD Driver.

If it is, it might indicate that the latest AMD Driver may not be completely compatible with your old version of Windows.

By the way, you said you install the HD 5xxx GPU and everything worked correctly. That GPU uses very old version of AMD driver, so it is possible when you installed the RX570 without removing the HD5xxx GPU driver and might be causing the problem. The latest AMD driver is not compatible with the HD5xxx GPU card.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

What resolution are you trying to get on your Monitor with the RX570?

Note: I am see a lot of Users complaining about their RX570 all of sudden here at AMD Forums. I am wondering if either the latest AMD Driver is having issues with that specific GPU model or is due to Windows 2004 not being 100% compatible with the GPU card or AMD Driver.

alzakiel
Adept I

Trying to install my drivers to run at 1920x1080, well not that i can make any choice at which resolution it is trying to switch to during the installation .... But for whatever reason everytime the drivers are installed that it be by windows or via AMD. It end up with "Input not supported".

And the drivers had not issue that i was aware of until i decide to reinstall my windows 10 today :S

0 Likes

Can you post your computer specs, Make & Model of your GPU, CPU, Motherboard including Windows version and AMD Version and Make & Model of your Monitor and exactly how it is connected to your RX570?  Are you using an Adapter?

So what you are saying as soon as the computer boots into Windows you get the video error that the Resolution is out of Range for your Monitor, is this correct?

Try connecting to a different RX570 Video Output port and see if it starts working again. For instance, if you are using a HDMI cable try connecting with a DP Cable.

0 Likes

Cant connect to another output port because my monitor only support DVI-D(Dual Link) or VGA. Yep its starting to get old but it still work. Plus i dont have a TV or another monitor to try it on.

Windows 10 Version 1809

Acer S230HL Monitor connected via DVI-D

EVGA 750w Semi-Modular 80+ Gold

B450 Aorus Pro Wifi

Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz(3.9Ghz Turbo)

MSI RX570 8Gbs armor edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gbs DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

Tryed installing Adrenalin 20.5.1 and not sure about which version windows 10 tryed to install because i couldnt see anything lol

0 Likes

First thing I would do is install the HD 5xxx GPU again and upgrade to Windows 2004. 

Then after updating Windows to the latest version, install the RX 570 and see if it works or not.

Post back what is occurring.

To connect to a different GPU Output you will need an Active HDMI>DVI adapter to see if your Monitor is working via HDMI output. Same with the DP output.

But that is not important for the time being. First upgrade to Windows 2004 and see if your problem is the same or not.

EDIT: I was thinking before you upgrade to Windows 2004, remove all traces of the current AMD Driver using DDU in Safe mode with the internet disconnected and deleting C:\AMD folder in your Root Directory. Then install your RX570. It should boot up to Windows with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter since there is no AMD driver installed. Than go to Windows Settings - Display and choose 1920x1080 and see if your monitor works with that resolution using Windows Microsoft Display driver.

If it does, then go to Windows Device Manager under "Display Adapter" and click on your RX570 then click on Driver update and let Windows install whatever version AMD driver it has. See if you continues to get the same result of no video Out of Range or your Monitor is now working with 1920X1080 Resolution with the AMD Driver.

If it is, it might indicate that the latest AMD Driver may not be completely compatible with your old version of Windows.

By the way, you said you install the HD 5xxx GPU and everything worked correctly. That GPU uses very old version of AMD driver, so it is possible when you installed the RX570 without removing the HD5xxx GPU driver and might be causing the problem. The latest AMD driver is not compatible with the HD5xxx GPU card.

Oh i'll make just 1 thing clear. I've dusted out that HD5450 because nothing was working and couldn't get on the internet without Windows 10 installing the drivers and causing the said issue. The drivers for the HD5450 weren't installed when trying this. I really hate that windows try to install the drivers without asking....

Also a good idea after im done updating Windows to test the resolution before installing the drivers because windows will actually reduce the resolution if the problem happen and i won't be stuck in a loop of problem if i come back to the HD5450 with Adrenalin installed if nothing work lol.

First it want me to go to version 1909. So i'll be doing that. But i'll probably finish this up tommorow. Because im starting to be quite sleepy even if it's only 18h10 and i sure feel like doing something else after those few hours trying to find out what's going on.

I'll give some news about how it went once it's done!

Okay, take your time. Clear your head.

What version do you have installed Windows 10 PRO or HOME?

If Windows 10 Pro here is how to prevent Windows Update from installing Drivers. I needed to use Windows 10 Pro GROUP POLICY to stop Windows from updating my Hardware drivers.  But Group Policy is only available in Windows 10 Pro

Here is how to do it in both Pro and HOME versions: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.... 

It is windows 10 pro. Thanks for that link i'll keep that saved.

0 Likes

Given the clean install of Windows I suggest the RX 570 may be faulty. A good card should be working fine.

20.5.1 is suitable for windows 10 version 2004

0 Likes

Yeah welll it seem that version 1808 just isn't compatible with the RX570 drivers or not. It updated back to 1909 and everything is fine now. I would have updated to 2004 but it doesn't seem to be available via windows update on my side or it's because you need to do a clean install for it ? I don't know but im currently installing my drivers and it's working at 1920x1080!!!

But i must say even though i turned off drivers install in the group policy, they still friggin installed drivers!!! But oh well it didn't cause any issue lol

0 Likes

Windows 10 versison 2004 is available  for a clean install but it is not on windows update

0 Likes

The reason you haven't received the Windows Update for Windows 2004 is because either Microsoft hasn't scheduled you yet or Microsoft blocked you due to some hardware or driver issue you may have on your computer which is incompatible with Windows 2004.

But you can do an ingrade upgrade by clicking at this Microsoft Windows Download link: Microsoft Corporation   in which you can do it through the website or download the Creation Tool and run it.

No need to do a "Clean" install. Best to do a Ingrade Install by running the Windows installer on your Windows Desktop or by clicking on the link above and using the Windows Assistant.

Before you upgrade to Windows 2004 make sure you do a SYSTEM BACKUP using Windows 10 Backup feature to an external HDD/SDD. That way if Windows 2004 is not working due to some incompatibility on your computer you can restore the SYSTEM BACKUP to the way it was before unless Windows 2004 fails and then it would restore your old Windows version automatically

I personally use the Creation Tool to create a Windows.ISO so that I can use it in the future to make a Windows 2004 installation disk.

0 Likes

That sound unlikely since my PC isn't that old. Well i'd sure hope with that they aren't keeping windows compatible only with 1 or 2 years of component lmao. I'll check that, i don't have an external HDD to do a system backup so im not really inclined to upgrade for now. I don't know when 2004 happened but if it's recent i wouldn't be surprised if it's because it wasn't scheduled yet.

0 Likes

The issue isn't how old your computer hardware is but the type of hardware or Drivers you have installed. For instance, Microsoft has blocked all computers with Intel processors due to incompatibilities with Windows 2004.

You can read about the issues with Windows 2004 from this article I posted at General Discussions: https://community.amd.com/thread/253463 

But most likely in your case is just that Microsoft hasn't scheduled your computer to an upgrade yet.

Do you have a second HDD inside of your computer? You can do a SYSTEM BACKUP to the second internal HDD if you have one.

I found out from personal experience that a SYSTEM BACKUP is much more efficient and works 100% of the time whereas a Restore Point may not work 100% of the time or not do a complete Restore point. Plus it is faster when restoring a System Backup than a restoring a Restore Point. Plus your computer is restored to the exact same way it was when you made the System Backup. It has saved my rear on a few occasions in the past where a Restore point failed or wasn't accessible.

Yes, Microsoft made Windows 2004 available to the public to download on May 27, 2020.

I don't have another HDD at all. Honestly i've been thinking about buying another because some of my applications are literally giving hell to my HDD. I'll take a look at this discussion you linked. For now i'll just be waiting im not in a rush either way.

As far i can see, none of the issues would seem to be possibly affecting me. So ya probably just waiting for it to be scheduled. Not a bad thing i like to use thing when their mostly fixed lol

alzakiel wrote:

I don't have another HDD at all. Honestly i've been thinking about buying another because some of my applications are literally giving hell to my HDD. I'll take a look at this discussion you linked. For now i'll just be waiting im not in a rush either way.

As far i can see, none of the issues would seem to be possibly affecting me. So ya probably just waiting for it to be scheduled. Not a bad thing i like to use thing when their mostly fixed lol

I suggest buying a few hard disks. USB hard disks are handy for backups etc but USB sticks are eating into hard disk market slowly.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

The reason you haven't received the Windows Update for Windows 2004 is because either Microsoft hasn't scheduled you yet or Microsoft blocked you due to some hardware or driver issue you may have on your computer which is incompatible with Windows 2004.

But you can do an ingrade upgrade by clicking at this Microsoft Windows Download link: Microsoft Corporation   in which you can do it through the website or download the Creation Tool and run it.

No need to do a "Clean" install. Best to do a Ingrade Install by running the Windows installer on your Windows Desktop or by clicking on the link above and using the Windows Assistant.

Before you upgrade to Windows 2004 make sure you do a SYSTEM BACKUP using Windows 10 Backup feature to an external HDD/SDD. That way if Windows 2004 is not working due to some incompatibility on your computer you can restore the SYSTEM BACKUP to the way it was before unless Windows 2004 fails and then it would restore your old Windows version automatically

I personally use the Creation Tool to create a Windows.ISO so that I can use it in the future to make a Windows 2004 installation disk.

I always make an ISO of every version of Windows so that I can either make a bootable USB or burn it to an optical disk. The Windows 7 USB Download tool works with all versions of Windows.

Given all my machines support USB boot it is not really needed to use optical disks but I own a USB DVD drive to on machines without one it comes in handy.

I am expecting a new SSD on Friday next week so I intend to install windows 10 clean on it so I have already made a USB stick in anticipation of its arrival.

0 Likes

Not all computers accept USB flash drives when booting up since it may not recognize or enable USB on the computer. My Asus does recognize USB but I normally use a DVD I burnt using the Windows ISO file plus installing it on a USB Flash drive.

My wife has a Pre-built AMD computer with a Gigabyte motherboard doesn't recognize any USB ports when booting up. Even after changing the BIOS Setting to recognize legacy USB devices. To get into BIOS I need to connect a PS/2 Keyboard to enter BIOS and run the Windows installation disc via DVD.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

Not all computers accept USB flash drives when booting up since it may not recognize or enable USB on the computer. My Asus does recognize USB but I normally use a DVD I burnt using the Windows ISO file plus installing it on a USB Flash drive.

My wife has a Pre-built AMD computer with a Gigabyte motherboard doesn't recognize any USB ports when booting up. Even after changing the BIOS Setting to recognize legacy USB devices. To get into BIOS I need to connect a PS/2 Keyboard to enter BIOS and run the Windows installation disc via DVD.

Must be a real old rig not to support USB boot. My MSI X570-A PRO still needs to use USB 2.0 to boot, USB 3.0 is not supported properly even though it is front and rear panel.

0 Likes

I bought the computer about 5 years ago from IBUYERPOWER with a AM3+ Gigabyte Motherboard.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

I bought the computer about 5 years ago from IBUYERPOWER with a AM3+ Gigabyte Motherboard.

AM3 boards support USB boot, at least MSI and Asus boards do

0 Likes

This one has the legacy Boot (CSM) option but it doesn't seem to work.

I enabled USB Keyboard in BIOS, didn't work.

I tried putting the USB as first boot device, didn't work.

DVD works without any issues when booting up. It is recognized. But not any USB flash drive nor keyboard & mouse.

So either I have a defective motherboard or the type of USB I am using isn't compatible with the motherboard's BIOS.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

This one has the legacy Boot (CSM) option but it doesn't seem to work.

I enabled USB Keyboard in BIOS, didn't work.

I tried putting the USB as first boot device, didn't work.

DVD works without any issues when booting up. It is recognized. But not any USB flash drive nor keyboard & mouse.

So either I have a defective motherboard or the type of USB I am using isn't compatible with the motherboard's BIOS.

That tells me the BIOS may be damaged so try installing the latest on over again.

Which model of motherboard are you using?

0 Likes