cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Manacheck
Adept I

RX 6900xt poor performance in dayz game, current drivers.

What did AMD do in the driver version 21.11.3 that did not in the current ones? My rx 6900xt aorus master is with performance issues in the cities in dayz, the use of the board gets low, clocks down and the fps about 65, 70 with the latest driver. When I use the 21.11.3 driver everything gets normal, the usage, the fps and the clocks.

3 Replies
dragos281993
Adept I

The issue still persists. I tried every single driver following 21.11.3. Only a few builds after this one still have the DayZ specific fixes but the Metrics Overlay is broken. If I remember correctly, starting with 22.5.2 the performance went back to **bleep** and it stayed the same till now.

I already reported the issue to AMD and I was planning on spamming them to hopefully draw the attention to the lazy developers over at AMD, but I just gave up.

Bottom line is, AMD was, is and always be terrible at drivers. Good drivers are their nemesis.

I now have my Nitro+ 6900 XT SE which has an Alphacool Toxic waterblock cooling it, up for sale. I’m putting my previous Nitro+ 5700 XT back in my PC and the next thing I buy when the time is right is an Nvidia GPU. I reached the point where it’s not worth it anymore. All the reviews saying they got good at drivers and such are worthless

Hello, I did some tests with nvidia and the problem is the same, I think it is the game that is with bad optimization. I've been playing dayz for quite a while and I don't remember those fps drops in the game, I think after some update of the game, this problem came along. I asked a friend with a 3080 12 gb test in the same places I had FPS drop, he reported the same problem.

0 Likes

Nah, I tested it myself with a 3080 ti and the difference is day and night. Everything maxed out at 1080p gave me an FPS of around 180. In that same spot I talked about earlier when I compared the Adrenalin drivers, I got ~130-140FPS. There’s no comparison. The game IS poorly optimized, yes, but the fact that with an older driver which was supposed to have some DayZ fixes, I get good FPS and that goes to s**t with newer builds, it means the driver is the issue. If Nvidia shows signs of FPS drops, it’s astronomically different than what’s happening with AMD crapware.

0 Likes