cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dacca
Journeyman III

rx 6700 xt underperforming

bare with me because im still a noob my setup is: CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz and 2x Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200MHz DDR4 ram (and I'm playing on a 165hz 1440p monitor if it matters)

at first I didn't notice because it was still a big upgrade from my last gpu but as time went on I've noticed it's not performing as well as it should be at all. I've not done any major testing or anything but I've noticed in games I play the fps just seems too low for such a relatively new card and on comparison videos on yt I've noticed other people getting over double my fps in games for example in death stranding I'm getting about 60 fps on medium settings where other people get over 100 on high, ghostrunner 2 I'm getting between 30 and 60 on medium and on yt people were getting about 100 on high settings too I can't remember the exact numbers but it was the same in cyberpunk too where someone was getting more frames with higher settings option so I thought I'd come here and ask because I'm unsure why

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hibiscus
Adept II

take into account that CPU also matters when talking about how many fps you can do (depending also on the game itself), im not knowledgeable enough to say for sure if your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU or not. 

what you could do is to try to download 3Dmark from steam (there is a free demo if you dont want to pay full price) and see if the results are comparable with the results of other users with similar PCs components. this should tell you if things are running as they should at least. 

if games run badly you could also update or try previous GPU drivers and update your chipset drivers 

here i have found a youtube video who benchmarked games with a pc with similar specs: Ryzen 7 2700X + RX 6700XT 12GB | Mainboard X470 | RAM 32GB 3200MHz | 1080p Gaming (youtube.com)

Your CPU, while still capable, might bottleneck in certain CPU-intensive games. This is less likely at 1440p resolution, but it's something to consider.

0 Likes