cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

CAMALARDO
Adept I

RX 6700 XT Stuttering in Age Of Empires II. Particular (not) solution when I record the screen.

Hi I bought a Radeon Rx 6700 XT sapphire pulse 12 Gb two weeks ago.

My old gpu is a Radeon RX 5500 XT Challenger 4 GB.

I have this problem, that Age Of Empires II stutters. It happens always, and as the game evolves it gets worst, because of the increase of the overall population (more units, more chaos). In single and multiplayer, so it isn`'t because of bad connection.

It is a problem of the drivers I'm 99% sure of that. I read lots of threads that point something on directx 11 games.

I wanted to ask here, because maybe someone worked out a solution.

I've tryed everything. 

• Uninstall old gpu drivers with DDU
  • Actualiced windows
  • Actualiced drivers (motherboard/radeon/etc.)
  • Reinstall windows from the beginning and make a clean installation of all drivers.

And the problem persists.

CPU  Ryzen 5 3600X 6 core

Motherboard Asus Prime  B450 M A

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I've played newer games such as the witcher 3, cyberpunk, fifa 21. And the performance of my new gpu seems to overcome the old one (despite the high temperatures, that is for another thread).

But this particular game that is the one i most like to play goes really bad. Its unplayable and really annoying.

Yesterday I found that if I use radeon software for recording the screen while I play, the game runs smooth. I wanted to record it to send it to amd, as a proof that its not working, and happenned that. As long as I record the game, it works. I turn recording off, and it gets spoiled.

any suggestions? Or will I have to wait a patch that solves this if amd some day wants to fix this?

1 Reply
CameronF
Journeyman III

I read a post a while back that the stuttering could be caused by AMD eco mode.  

The post was on forums.ageofempires.com

Look for n1ceking description of the issue and fix.  I hope that this can be remedied by AMD as opposed to a workaround.

0 Likes