cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Voldemort
Adept I

(REQUEST) DX9 support fix on AMD Radeon GPU`s

Hello ! I see a lot of people experience ultra-slow loading map times and low fps on cs:go WITH AMD systems (gpu`s) . This is caused by the old dx9 (engine of the game). Not only slow loading, but even causes lower fps ! Using "-disable_d3d9ex" in start options fixes (to some point) the problem with slow loading and gives about +50fps on average from my experience, BUT alt+tab causes bugs, freezes, and the game sometimes crashes, when you just click "esc" for example while playing in match. Using "-vulcan" in start options the game doesn`t start at all. No problems in any other newer engine games, only with cs:go and other games which use dx9. It is not from hardware, pc is fully working, no defects, newest OS, newest software, its just has to to something with the drivers of amd gpu`s. Hope amd will release some driver update hotfix specifically for this problem with DX9 engine. 

1 Solution
Voldemort
Adept I

Your problems has something to do with SMART ACCESS MEMORY ! When its disabled I have no problems or long loading times !

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Voldemort
Adept I

WHEN AMD WHEN ?!?!

0 Likes
Voldemort
Adept I

Your problems has something to do with SMART ACCESS MEMORY ! When its disabled I have no problems or long loading times !