cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Zack-W
Journeyman III

Reference GPU's Restock

Hi, It's AMD still make reference cards? I'm checking the Amd store frequently and still no stock in it I know that very hard to get any GPU at the minute but  I'm just wondering that Amd just discontinues making their referenced cards.

0 Likes
6 Replies

People are still able to buy, just have to be lucky as to when they show up.

Of course scalpers/bots ?

Have to remember there is probably a backlog of retailer/distributor orders to be be fullfilled as well as AIB partner chipsets.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

So I have to look at the AMD store more often, that is frustrating that scalpers and miners took almost 90% off stock and regular gamers were literally left with nothing. 

0 Likes

Early bird (day one buyers) catches..(as they say)

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Does anyone know when they add new stock to their website? or this is just a random thing?

0 Likes

It was Thursdays every week, could drop any time between 17h30 UTC+1 and 21 UTC+1. Last 2 weeks it has been on Friday (16th) and Wednesday (21st). It seems now it's random days. There's been talks of AMD stopping due to abuse received in support from people that can't manage to get one. I'd join a discord server to receive notifications when they drop, for instance PartAlert if you're from Europe.

0 Likes

remember the toilet paper rush because people thought there would be an outage ? well, outage happened because people bought way more than needed, well, graphics card, same story, people thought of an outage due to silicon shortage, guess what 30% more demand than max prod planned yielded to an outage as well...

and people like us with 6-7 years old config are taken as hostage to their game...

0 Likes