cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

q1uant
Journeyman III

Recently upgraded from rx580 to rx6750 XT.

In the App, press on B (Upper Left), scroll down, you can delete account!I changed my GPU and immediately updated the drivers to the latest available. At first, Diablo 4 would not load past the character select screen. FPS did not improve in Dota 2. And State of Decay 2 run sluggishly, full of stutters and flickering lights. In general, I had wished I didn't upgrade.

I tried running benchmarks Fire Strike and Time Spy and got scores close to the average for similar systems.

I used DDU in Safe mode and installed the full driver suite. Also updated motherboard BIOS and turned on Resizeable Bar.

Now, I can play Diablo 4 with higher FPS, peaking at ~145 with high preset but I still get more stutters unlike when using the rx580 where it peaks at ~70 fps but it's consistent and smooth. Dota 2 plays the same. State of Decay 2 is playable with slightly lower average fps, still stuttery and I have to play in full screen exclusive.

What did I do wrong? GPU never goes to full utilization when gaming. Cpu reaches 40-60% I am using the Adrenaline metric. Turning on frame generation makes the gpu run to 100% and increases fps significantly but stutters are still frequent and often very noticeable.

Overall, I keep thinking I wish I hadn't "upgraded".

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 RAM: 8x2gb 3000mhz GPU power color rx6750 XT fighter. PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk with 2022 BIOS All stock no overclock.

0 Likes
0 Replies