cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

infernsumm
Newcomer

Recently Bough ASUS TUF FA506IV Ryzen 7 4800H + RTX2060

Greetings guys! I am in need of help.. Hope you will not skip this post... 
So, recently I have bought a TUF Gaming laptop with ryzen 7 cpu and rtx2060 gpu and it says, that my laptop has 144hz refresh rate support, however I have googled it million time and didn't find a solution, on how to turn on 144hz refresh rate in desktop mode and games.

Thing is, that laptop display is using AMD Radeon integrated graphics card, therefore it's impossible to switch to 144hz, maximum available is 60Hz and I did not find any way to make my laptop screen use RTX Gpu instead of integrated one.

Maybe you know what should I do? And how to turn on 144Hz mode in games?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
qwixt
Forerunner

I am only guessing, but I think that it will only work in 144hz mode with the nvidia GPU. So you can set defaults in the nvidia control panel to have it pick highest refresh rate, or create profile for a particular game, then make sure the game is using the dedicated gpu. From there, you might have to pick the 144hz refresh rate in the game's resolutions.

I wouldn't worry about running the desktop at 144hz which would just consume more power for no benefit other than you can drag windows around with less blur.