cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Neroネロ
Adept I

Random blackscreen

im getting a random blackscreen from time to time it lasts about 2 seconds ive tried several fixes non work
i have a RX5700
my monitor is a iyama gmaster g2730hsu
every driver is up to date 
i got the dp cable, the monitor and the graficscard at the same time a few years ago tho
i have this error since. i cant really force the blackscreen to happen i run a dual monitor setup but the blackscreen occurs only on my main one where i play games

would love if anyone knows the problem and even a fix for it

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neroネロ
Adept I

Ladies and Gentlemen ive not forgotten you and i might have found a fix
it worked for me quite well
there is something called MPO (Multi purpose overlay)
go on youtube and watch a tutorial how to deactivate it
that should fix the random blackscreens

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Zolex
Adept III

I had the same as you with a 6900xt

I found two issues related to this. (amd should read this ).

a) I have a 240hz monitor and if i get more then 240fps my monitor gets random black screen if i hit more fps than max refresh rate.
To resolve this : set FPS limiter to 240fps (example epic legends)
Comment to amd : When enable freesync, set an default FPS cap to monitors refresh rate!

b) Some games (not many) don't like CAS (sharpening) and causes black screens. To resolve this, turn off CAS in driver settings.

@Zolex wrote:

I had the same as you with a 6900xt

I found two issues related to this. (amd should read this ).

a) I have a 240hz monitor and if i get more then 240fps my monitor gets random black screen if i hit more fps than max refresh rate.
To resolve this : set FPS limiter to 240fps (examples epic legends)
Comment to amd : When enable freesync, set an default FPS cap to monitors refresh rate!

b) Some games (not many) don't like CAS (sharpening) and causes black screens. To resolve this, turn off CAS in driver settings. Site

Does anyone from both of you have find any solution for this, then please share it I also wanna the solution....

vialli100
Forerunner

I had the same problem with my iiyama monitor when i first got it..

Go on the iiyama website and download the monitor driver for your monitor, that is what fixed mine..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

already did this everything is up to date

Markian331
Adept I

Hi @Neroネロ,

Not an expert but you can try updating your Graphic Card Driver from the manufacture's website.

If you have already done it and doesn't work, there are some other fixes you can try. Like doing a Factory reset of your monitor.

Other fixes here, hope it helps! 

Cheers bro

Alphamektek
Adept I

I have a R5 3600 and Radeon 5600xt. Had a similar problem with black screen only mine wouldnt go away and had to reboot my pc. I deleted the Adrenaline software and installed an earlier version and it went away. I updated to the new version later with no further issues. Maybe you need to install an earlier version of your drivers/software?

0 Likes

I agree, rolling back to an older driver solved many of my previous issues with my RX 580. Give it a try. I used version "Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.3.1-Mar5" and had no further issues. Be sure to use the AMD clean up utility to remove old drivers for a fresh installation.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
ronath
Adept I

My gaming is sporadic so I haven't noticed it recently but there is a mention in the release notes that using "Enhanced Sync" can cause black screens and there used to be a note about blackscreens when playing fullscreen when you have multiple displays (since it's gone from the notes, I assume they've dealt with that, though I haven't had the change to play the games that caused it for me recently)

0 Likes
Neroネロ
Adept I

so guys i maybe found a sollution for me because today i learned that not every PCIe slot is the same and i had my GC in the wrong slot i had it in PCIe 3.0 x4 now its in x16 where its supposed to be 

i´ll keep u updated

Neroネロ
Adept I

Ladies and Gentlemen ive not forgotten you and i might have found a fix
it worked for me quite well
there is something called MPO (Multi purpose overlay)
go on youtube and watch a tutorial how to deactivate it
that should fix the random blackscreens

0 Likes