Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dabrowy
Newcomer

Radeon RX Vega 64 black screen problem

Hello everyone.

One month ago I bought brand new Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 card and SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W PSU. Card worked perfect for the first three weeks. One week ago I started have freezes, black screens (this combined with max fan speed of card) or blue screens while gaming. I read somewhere else on this forum this is PSU problem and I need to connect card with two seperate 8-pin cables (which I did) and two different PSU rails, but I don't really know what it means. I also read it can be motherboard problem. Is it possible that my motherboard can not handle 750W?

My computer specification:

Motherboard: MSI B250M Mortar

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64

RAM: Corsair Corsair DDR4 2400MHz CL14

PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W

Thanks for your help.

PSU.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello dabrowy,

Your PSU only has a single rail, so you don't need to worry about splitting things between rails, you should have the correct power available for the board.  It does sound like something is overheating.  What kind of temps are you seeing on the CPU and GPU?  What are you using to cool them?  Is the Vega 64 in the standard balanced mode in adrenaline drivers?

0 Likes

Temperatures on both GPU and CPU on desktop is 50C. While gaming CoD: Black Ops 4 70C on max settings 1080p. Yes, Vega is in balanced mode. 4 days ago I installed CAM and in OC section I set GPU Power Limit to 150%. Since then black screen happened two times. One time while gaming and once on desktop. I have stock Intel's fan and three in my case. While gaming I use max fan speed in case of course.

0 Likes