cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bixlervdl
Adept I

Radeon clips issue with Steelseries Arctis 5

I have tried to use the radeon software to clip my gameplay. It works to some extend let me explain please...

I have the steelseries arctis 5 headset, it allows you to have separate chat and game audio output, so I can mix the volume between the two using a switch. I can record gameplay and audio right now but the chat audio from discord is way too quiet, it's worse than whispering. I can only solve this issue by disabling the chat and game audio function, but thats the reason why I bought the headset. Also, in order for me to hear more from the discord, I have to disable DTS headphone X, which automatically disables if the chat and game are the same audio output. 

My audio capture device is set to default(microphone(arctis 5 chat))

Record desktop audio is enabled

Audio channels is set to Stereo

Other settings are default

Please let me know how I can balance the discord audio in my recordings, my gameplay audio and my microphone are loud and clear.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

UPDATE:

THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED. Radeon software does not work properly. I tried the steelseries clipping software and it all worked perfectly. No driver uninstall or anything like that required. 

https://steelseries.com/gg/moments

Thats where I got the good software from.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

mh, maybe try OBS and add your chat mic there as source ;)
i highly think this is a Windows Driver bug - as AudioDrivers are ALL HORRIBLE since WinXP xD

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Hmm strange. 

I still think it could be tweakable in the software, steelseries should also get involved propably.

I can't use OBS to clip, I prefer that over recording all of my gameplay.

0 Likes

UPDATE:

THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED. Radeon software does not work properly. I tried the steelseries clipping software and it all worked perfectly. No driver uninstall or anything like that required. 

https://steelseries.com/gg/moments

Thats where I got the good software from.

0 Likes