cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

irhankhan
Journeyman III

R5 M330 causes some game to crash

I've been experiencing crashes on most of the games I play on my laptop since I tweak some settings that caused Division 2 to run 30+ FPS on lowest on my laptop compare to 20FPS before I tweak. During that time, my laptop was somehow overclocked and it would become so hot. I would play hours of hours but the game would crash mid game maybe because of overheating but then I would launch it again and play another hour. Since that, games like GTA V, Dota 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and some other games would just crash when I load into them. It would launch normally and when I load into the game to play then black screen appear and crashed. I tried updating intel driver, windows update, and AMD display driver to the latest version available but the problem still persist. Strangely games like Minecraft and FIFA 19 is running normally without crashes or black screen. Recently I discovered that by updating BIOS might help with the problem and I went to update my BIOS since HP provided the latest version on July last year but sadly the problem still not solved. That is when I tried rolling back to older version of AMD driver that I remember back in the day where these problems would not happen when I play any games. I also tried disabling the AMD display driver in the Device Manager and just let the Intel iGPU run and the game seems to be running without crashses but it would stutter and run on low FPS since the iGPU is not powerful as the AMD GPU. Keep in mind I did uninstall the installed version AMD driver using the AMD cleanup utility on safe mode before installing back the other version of the driver. I hope someone can help me solve this problem. Im afraid that maybe my GPU is rather dead or dying. 

Laptop Model: HP Notebook 14-AM036TX
BIOS Version/Date: Insyde F.37, 2/7/2020
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 5th Generation
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330
          Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
RAM: 8GB

0 Likes
1 Reply
AdityaWho
Journeyman III

Did you find any fix for this problem. If you know how to fix can reply back.

0 Likes