cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

aderi
Adept I

"No Signal" after "Check signal cable" with a connected Radeon RX 580

My PC (2018) has MSI B350M PRO-VDH, 601-7A38-030B1801002723 and AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Red Dragon V2 Graphics Card, AXRX D5–3DHDV2/OC

I've taken away the display+keyboard+mouse cables for an old PC. After giving them back to the above PC (Win 10) there is no valid signal on the display's input.
The LEDs and sound of the booting PC show, that the PC should be in/over the booting screens, I tried both the HDMI and DVI cables.
Starting the PC, the display shows at first "Check signal cable" and some seconds later "No Signal". If I remove the display cable after that, then "Check signal cable" is there again.
So something works in the background, but either the motherboard or the graphic card is faulty.
(The display and the cable work with a notebook Win 10, so it should be OK.)

Any idea/help is appriciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
tenzo23
Elite

What CPU? Does it have integrated graphics?

Is the video cable connected to the graphics card (instead of the motherboard)?

Try to manually switch between inputs on your monitor and make sure the cables in the back are fully inserted. (At times when I've swiveled or adjusted my monitor, the HDMI cable would come loose, causing loss of signal.)

It's possible the HDMI and DVI outputs are bad..if DisplayPort is an option available to you, you can try that.

/sig Fun guy.

CPU w/o integrated graphics, but both DVI outputs reacted as described in the pre-BIOS part.

Some days later all of a sudden the DVI output was usable for 2 hours (HDMI not),
thereafter full darkness during boot and later on.

Two days later (next switch on) DVI is running again. I need to work/test on it.

0 Likes

After startup (if running) only the GPU's DVI output is used.

Monitor + HDMI cable used at a notebook is OK.

The MB's LEDs are not signalling any issue, just the standard boot sequence.

The only fix issue is that the HDMI is not working, but the PC is working part-time and all of a sudden not. It is a dream of a PC user

(Anyway, thanks for the help)

0 Likes

Yes, as mentioned in a previous reply, if you have a APU processor with Integrated Graphics and a GPU Card you must connect your HDMI or DVI-D cable to the GPU card and not the Motherboard.

You don't need to have any Graphic drivers installed to get video output from your GPU card. So if you don't get video output during POST, then wait until Windows starts to load and now see if you get video output.

Also if you are able to see and enter BIOS verify that your GPU card  is the Main Display Adapter and not your APU processor if you happen to have that type of processor installed.

IF you have a regular Processor without Integrated Graphics than do the following:

To eliminate your monitor not being compatible 100% try connecting your TV set if it has a HDMI input port on it and see if you get video output.

See if you can install your GPU card on another computer (Family or friends) and see if you get video output. IF you do than the problem is with your motherboard.

If you don't then the problem is with your GPU Card.

Make sure you have the monitor's cable connected to the GPU card output ports and not the Motherboard output ports.

When you boot up and you get "No Signal" does any Motherboard Trouble LED lights go on and stay on?

I would believe if you are having video output or GPU card issues during booting that the White VGA Troube LED light will be lit up. Generally, I believe "White" is normally the Motherboard's VGA Trouble LED Light.

Generally before BIOS or POST shows up and will give you a "No Signal" error until BIOS starts loading.

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Try a CMOS clear and a shutdown.

Then update the firmware on your monitor/monitors.

Also try turning the monitors off and on again with a 10 second waiting period.

Wait I'm starting to sound like a corporate support tech.