cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

redisu
Journeyman III

Purchased a defective Ryzen 5 2600 had it replace by warranty still did not work....

Hello! Bare with me its a bit of a story.

So I purchased Ryzen 5 processer back in Nov. 2019, I gotten MSI x470 Gaming Plus Mobo. The lights on the ez bug would always have cpu lit...ok fine maybe its the mobo. I couldn't wait for warranty from MSI to send me a new one so end up replacing it with a Asus Tuff x470 plus gaming. No luck I end up taking to a shop to see they can figure out and they had trouble saying it was the cpu....I end up going with a Ryzen 3 2200g just to see if it was CPU was the issue or motherboard capability. 

Sure enough BOTH mobo work find with the Ryzen 3 2200g and had gone thru AMD warranty process to have them sent a new CPU replacement.....Ok so I get the new one and still all the same issues again. I give up and since things been working with the Ryzen 3, I figure why bother. OK fast forward to now, I notice my computer being a little slow about things and figure why not try to get a new MOBO MSI x570 Gaming Edge WIFI  and use that Ryzen 5 because I was seeing online that sometimes the bios needs to be updated even though I done it on both previous mobos. STILL NOTHING all three motherboards still shows the CPU light lite....everything's turns on like fan are going, rgb lights flashing, the gpu light is on and I'm at a lost.

Is it just my bad luck that I got a second defective Ryzen 5 twice? or am I missing something since I read people saying it works right out the box and this and that. I did wrote before to warranty about it not working but they said that it would be unlikely the chances of me getting second defective one. 

its a three year warrant and it's coming up for it still counts? Not even sure what to do at this point. I hate that I wasted money on something I can't use and here I thought when I can upgrade the mobo I can always try again, but still the same results.

0 Likes
1 Reply
UselessSoveriegn
Journeyman III

Hey man just to be clear did you update the bios on the new x570 board? even if its new from the shop it could have an old bios

0 Likes