Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Ardjin
Adept I

PSU Advice for 6950 XT

Hi there,

I'm putting together my first build, and getting the majority of the components between now and April. Basically I've got the case, a Fractal North (black with tempered glass), and the XFX RX 6950 XT, as I got them both on sale recently.

The rest of the build consists of a 7600X, ASUS TUF X670-E, DeepCool AK620, 16gb x 2 of 6000mhz RAM, 2tb NVMe 4.0, and the Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 850W PSU.

As I said, it's my first desktop build, coming from a Dell G5 laptop with a GTX 1650 mobile, so I'm trying to educate myself with the build and setup as much as possible. My budget is rigid, and fits the above perfectly with compromises here and there (the CPU prices scale dramatically in South Africa, so the 7700x is about 25% more expensive than the 7600x).

I'll mainly be using the build for gaming, and just want to see check whether there's any glaring errors or room for improvement. I've also had conflicting feedback from the suppliers on whether an 850w PSU will be enough for the build, so if someone has firsthand experience, I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

P.s. Found the Red Team Part Recommendation forum, and assume that's actually where I should have posted this. Apologies!

0 Likes
1 Reply

You got your answer in the other thread you opened concerning a PSU for your CPU and GPU by Goodplay:https://community.amd.com/t5/part-recommendations/part-advice-for-7600x-6950xt-build/m-p/589578#M813

0 Likes