cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

wubbelflup
Journeyman III

problem with gigabite radeon rx 6700 xt. i think..

my monitor turned to "no signal detected". audio continued. my acer monitor says it doesn't get any input.

when starting up my MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX's top error light briefly lights up, then the second from the bottom, then the bottom one. when it's started the backlight will turn red. the gigabite radeon rx 6700 xt shows no signs of life.

troubleshooting stuff i've tried.

restarting. turning off & on.

unplugging the power from the gigabite radeon rx 6700 xt.

(i also tried to pull it out of the motherboard slot but i didn't get it out so i'll have to try that with someone with more experience next week. don't want to bend or break any pins. had a lot of trouble with the lock on the GPU slot.. idk what's going on)

unplugging the cable.

repeatedly pressing F11 when starting up.

putting in a boot USB that i know works. because my dad successfully used it already.

my specs.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AESB

gigabite radeon rx 6700 xt

be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Intel 660p 2TB

Corsair RM550x (2018) Zwart

arctis 3 headphones.

steelseries rival 3 mouse.

K280e logitech keyboard.

Windows 10

picture of my setup.

any help is very much appreciated. tbh i kinda regret having build a pc instead of buying a prebuild.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 2.57.34 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

If you can enter the BIOS, enable your beep code.  You mentioned the error light briefly coming on which means you have a hardware problem.  I would suspect it could be your power supply.   I would not recommend a 550 watt PSU for this setup, I would question even a 650 watt.  Your Corsair RM 550 is a very good PSU, just a little under powered for your setup.  Your CPU is default 65 watts, however if you have it overclocked that will increase.  You have a 230 watt GPU, if it is overclocked that too will increase.  Every device on that system draws power and you only have about 250 watts left to draw from.  Other manufacturers recommend a minimum 650 watt PSU for the Radeon 6700X GPU. 

Does the B450 Max have integrated graphics?  I checked the specs on MSI site and saw an HDMI port but integrated graphics was never mentioned.  If it does have integrated graphics; disable it.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Near on certain that PSU would not be enough..

I am running an Rx 6700 XT and use a seasonic x-850 PSU..

Are you running it on one split PCIE cable? You need to run it on 2 x separate cables..

Looking at that old case you have, there is no fan to expel air at the back..

I would get a new case with decent intake fans and a good fan at the back..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
suntzu
Journeyman III

does that happen when screen goes out when you play a game maybe even a movie?

have you got into your bios when you power on hold how f2.

im not sure how savy you are but if you never updated your bios and a few other things that arent on can cause that.

but the power supply is to low, my friend had the same problem and i look at his computer and when i seen the cheap China psu disposed of that junk and with a bios checks fixed his problem.  

what about your cooler is it a 120?

0 Likes

Mine is PowerColor, and it does not run at 500mhz constantly.. but, you should see the utilization graph. Just very regular dips to like 5% utilization and then it shoots back up to 70%, and when it goes down, it'll back off the clocks, sometimes as low as 50 MHz while gaming.. Which there's really no excuse for. There's no need for that kind of aggressive management WHILE GAMING. Am I right?

0 Likes