cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Faelorn
Adept I

posted a question in driver and support section, and it was marked as spam?

I posted a question about having issues with my audio driver in the driver section and it was marked as spam?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Audio issue is not AMD related it most like to be motherboard manufacturer issue you just need to download the last driver from the motherboard manufacturer website . 

Also since you used usb you need to change you default settings to the speakers from usb headset you can do that by click on the speakers icon right corner 

0 Likes

I have tried both the driver package that came on the cd with my motherboard, as well as the one posted under the drivers and support section of the msi website. I have also tried downloading realtek's drivers from their site. I cannot select the speakers in the bottom right, because there is no speaker option. As I stated in my original post, after installing AMD's driver, Realtek High Definition Audio, the reaktek thing under Sound, Video and game controllers, becomes disconnected, and only visible when you show hidden devices. It is un-selectable in this state. There is also, because it is un-selectable, no option to change my default device to my speakers. thank you for taking the time to read this and any help is greatly appreciated.  

Windows 10 I assume. You need to right click the speaker icon at the lower right side of your screen. Open "sound settings", select "input" pick the Realtek option (digital, optical or analog green 3.5mm jack usually), then in the same screen select "output" choose speakers. To configure your speakers for best audio, on the right of that same screen select "sound control panel". Pick your output, you can hit "configure" and setup stereo, 2.1, 5.1, test levels, your mic, all of that is in that area.

To use the AMD audio you would need to connect an HDMI to passthrough an HDTV or monitor with speakers via HDMI. You could also connect an HDMI cable from an unused port on the GPU to an A/V receiver that has an HDMI input for sound that way as well.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes