cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

First time I logged on to the new AMD Forum format. Needed to change my old Password which wasn't any good any more.

Seems like AMD got rid of JIVE and replaced it with Khoros. Hopefully Khoros will be less annoying than JIVE.

The look is rather pleasing and colorful with a lot of information in each page. 

Rather perplexed by the rating system of KUDOs.  Seems like the old Point system ranking has been replaced by KUDOs ranking.

One thing I noticed you now can delete your Private Messages or mark them as Read which is a nice feature from the old AMD format which it didn't have.

The Thread view is more informative but in a simpler format. Now it shows how many Users have opened each thread and whether it is solved.

I also like that now you have a drop down menu to go to another AMD Forum unlike the old AMD format.

At the top you have your In-Box and PM with separate Icons now instead of everything being in the In-box like the old AMD Format which is a nice feature.

Haven't done anything else but just noting my first impressions of the new AMD Format.  Later on if I see anything that is annoying or hinders the User's experience at AMD Forum I will make a note of it and mention it.

But KUDOs to Sam and all the other AMD employees involved in making this new Format for all Users a better experience.

88 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Pleasing and informative new AMD Forum format - Opinion only

Okay found my first annoyance.

How can you delete a reply or Post at AMD Forum?

How can you change a Post from Question to Discussion?

I noticed the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of your reply you can edit your reply but not delete it.

I like the ALT-F10 to bring up the toolbar which makes it less cluttered until you need it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

None of my bookmarks work......as a matter of fact they are gone:

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I think the Forum looks much nicer and I hope it will encourage more people to get involved.
I am sure there will be improvements that go in to the forum moving forward.
Unfortunately some of my archives of old content and threads on the old interface have vanished.
Looking at a number of my older posts, an number of feature requests and bug reports I was asking for in the past have been implemented in Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI and or Adrenalin 2020  20.9.2 GUI/UI and the latest drivers.
I will try to go through those and close them.
Looking forward to see RX6000 series launch and reviews.

Has the new AMD Community Forum been announced yet? 
Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for your constructive feedback; very helpful! Smiley Happy

I'm planning on tracking this discussion for a little while longer, probably for a week or so to allow anyone else provide his/her feedback as well as. 

In turn, I will do my best to provide you answers and/or tips. 

Sam T.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Pokester but I can't get into my account. It won't let me reset as it says the email I registered with is invalid! I don't know who to talk to to get this fixed. If any of you guys knows, please pass this along. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam can you help me to get into my account please?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You mean you are able to Log on and reply to threads but the icons above doesn't open (Mail, In-box, AMD logo)?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I can't seem to get into the Knowledge base..

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I tell you something I REALLY dislike, and that's the removed ability to paste images directly into the response box, and I also dislike the decision to not include mandatory system specs in a drop box the way other forums have. No ability to delete your own posts is also a feature we need back as well.