Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

miller17ron
Newcomer

Please Help! Discrete problem

Hello everyone.

I've had a problem with my computer, i accidentally used my HDMI in my motherboard instead of my graphics card, now my graphics card is Primary/Descrete instead of just primary.

My HDMI is now back into the graphics card

I've disabled intel graphics in my device manager, I've uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled to so if that would fix it, but it hasn't.

It is detecting my GPU but now my games will only run smoothly if the fan speed is on 100% i did not have a problem ever since i put the HDMI in the wrong slot.

My Radeon settings are showing my GPU as primary/Discrete when it used to just say primary! 

Graphics Chipset

Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics Nitro Sapphire.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

I suspect you'd have to change that in your BIOS setup.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Thanks for your reply, i know how to access the settings, but i don't know what to do from there.

any help would be welcome

0 Likes

Need motherboard make/model. In the Bios setup look for a setting called PEG. It should be easy to find but each motherboard is a little different. If we knew your motherboard make model we can find it.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

It is a ASUS Prime Z270-P

0 Likes

If you don't have the manual get it  here: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Manual/

goto page 2-32 and read section 2.6.3

You want to set primary display to PCIE (slot on motherboard)

Thanks dude all sorted now

0 Likes