Adept I

pc upgrade

Hi, im a newbie and want to upgrade an older pc

Specs 

amd a10-7800

ddr3 8gb

asus m32 series case

motherboard a68bm-a/m32bf/dp_mb

what can i upgrade without changing the motherboard, like discrete graphics card, cpu etc.  Will be using with a presantation software like pro presenter and probably streaming if it will be able to handle it.

Hope the info was enough

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution

all ddr4 now... buy new one

View solution in original post

5 Replies

all ddr4 now... buy new one

I'm afraid your current setup is going to be good only for using ProPresenter. Streaming is kind of out of the question, unless you want to stream in 480p and 30fps at max, because even if you buy a discrete graphics card (and for your CPU buying anything more powerful than nVidia GTX 1050 or Radeon RX 550 is pointless) any other quality option won't be working properly. It depends on the game, of course (counter-strike 1.6 might go well with streaming on this system, I think), but if it's anything new or recent and demanding - it's not going to work. Buying a discrete graphics card will certainly help in games, but there's not so much you can with a motherboard you have.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D

Ok thanks. So only for pro-presenter is there a cpu I can upgrade to and use on this mother board along with the gtx 1050?

I'm definitely gonna look into building a new system but want to see how much life I can still get out of the old (present one)

0 Likes

Your motherboard has a FM2+ socket, so you can only choose CPUs which suit this particular socket and the one you have right now is relatively good (for its time period). I might've been a bit too harsh about the performance of your system, because I think it'll actually handle many games (but not the most recent ones) relatively fine on low to medium graphics settings and lower resolutions (and maybe even better, if you get a discrete GPU), but streaming is definitely a bit of a stretch here.

Potentially good "upgrade" choices can include AMD A10-7890K or AMD Athlon™ X4 880K (if you're going to use a discrete GPU, because Athlons don't have one), but these CPUs are rather hard to come by today, since they're really outdated, and you might find them only on the second-hand market [=used before].

If you want a bigger list of available options - https://www.cpu-list.com/fm2-cpu-list/ - here you can view all the processors for FM2+ socket to consider. Basic explanation for the list: the higher the number in the name of a CPU the better its performance is (presumably).

And don't forget to consider the required power output for all of the new parts - check if your PSU is enough to meet the demands of this upgrade.

I'd really suggest you save some money and consider buying a completely new system with more up-to-date specifications.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D

Awesome thanks for clarity... gonna have some fun with this make my mistakes before I undergo a new build

0 Likes