cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bryanp98
Journeyman III

pc freezes after sleep mode then won't boot only solution is to reconnect vga several times and go to bios settings to bypass the repair screen!

My PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x w/ stock prism rgb cooler

GPU: Geforce Rtx 2070 black edition

RAM:16 gb of ram G.Skill rgb @ 3200Mhz

MOBO: x470 aorus ultra gaming motherboard

Storage: Samsung M.2 250gb ssd 970 evo / 2tb Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive

PSU: EVGA gold plus certified 750 watts

CASE: NZXT H500i black case

MONITOR: ACER Predator with G-Sync enabled @ 144hz

KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2

MOUSE: Razer Naga Chroma

EXTRA FANS: 2 Bequiet fans

ALL Drivers: Up to date

Installed programs related to this company: Storemi @ Full Tier!

Hi, for some reason, henever my PC goes into sleep mode sometimes it continues and sometimes it just completely freezes and the only way to bring it back is to turn it off from the button and disconnect the vga cable and reconnect it thinking its my gpu since the led indicator on my motherboard says there is something wrong with my gpu, however whenever I turn it back on from disconnecting the vga cable, sometimes it just stays on a black screen until I disconnect the vga cable and I also get a screen saying windows needs to repair so I wait and it still says 0 percent. Not sure what it is but the only way to by pass that is to go into the bios settings and just click save and continue! Im not sure if all of this is being caused by Storemi or what, but while I bypass all of that, the vga indicator no longer shows which clearly means that the vga is working! Please Help! Thanks in advance!

Sorry for not letting you breathe but I had to type it quick because I am a little worried about my computer! thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies

Your on the wrong site for your graphics card issues, try https://forums.geforce.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, im not wrong because it could be your software that's causing all of this! My graphics card works perfectly fine! Just that when It goes to sleep mode that message prompts which is repairing windows which it never does!

0 Likes

Well, for troubleshooting you can start with the following

If you find any error/warning reports for amd related software/product, post back.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Either way if you fear it is a chipset or motherboard issue you would get that help and drivers updates for you motherboard makers site. Nobody is looking to deny you help. The contrary we want you to get help. This site is USER TO USER help only. Not official AMD help. So while maybe somebody will know some good advice. I would highly recommend you simultaneously look for help at mother board vendors site. I know I see a lot of complaints about those Gigabyte boards, I hope yours isn't one with issues. I would be looking to get the latest bios for that board and latest chipset driver. I would also check to see if your monitor has a dedicated driver. Many use the default Windows PNP driver, and sleep issues are often fixed in the Monitor driver. Worth looking to see if your monitor has a driver. Also if it does Windows likes to replace them back with the Windows PNP driver at times. So make sure if that fixes it and the problem occurs again that your driver you want is still loaded.

0 Likes

Oh I would also recommend disabling Windows 10 Fast Startup. This may help immensely. Google it.

0 Likes

I havent downloaded any drivers for the monitor because there isnt any for windows 10 pro

0 Likes

If there is one for Windows 7 that will likely load fine and be better than the Generic PNP.

0 Likes