Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Quad2000
Journeyman III

PC crash and I just can't find a mistake

Hello, everyone,

I've had a problem with my current PC for about 6 months and I just can't find the error ... I'm getting really crazy.

Problem Description:
I work normally on the PC (through home office at least 10 hours a day, VPN to the company, office programs). At some point my system freezes without warning and no longer reacts. The PC will restart after approx. 2 to 4 seconds. There is no blue screen or anything else. The error does not occur cyclically. Sometimes he doesn't come for 3 to 4 days and sometimes 3 times a day. I always use the same software for work and then for gaming in the evening.

My System:

MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AMD X570
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO schwarz DDR4-3200
AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics
ASUS ROG Strix Riser Cable 240mm PCI-E 3.0 x 16
CORSAIR Corsair HX750I Netzteile
2 x Samsung MZ-V7S1T0BW 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe M.2

Hardware Changes:

• RAM was completely replaced in August because a module had errors (read out via Memtest). Corsair then exchanged the entire set under guarantee!
  • Power Supply was switcht to a Corsair HX1200 but no changes happend

Software / driver:
- I have the Problems with Windows 10 and 11 with the latest updates
- MSI BIOS update is up to date
- I always keep AMD chipset drivers and GPU drivers up-to-date (download directly from the AMD homepage)
Info: The error has remained the same over several driver versions and also over 2 BIOS versions!

Event service:
Here you can find an extract from the Windows 10 Event Viewer: 

Fatal hardware failure.

Reported by component: processor core
Source of error: Machine Check Exception
Error type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

From my point of view there are currently 1 possibilities for the cause of the error:
The problem started when I swapped my AMD Ryzen 3700X for the AMD 5600X at the end of April 2021.

I would be very, very grateful if someone could help me. I have been assembling my own computers for 25 years and also make everything possible for friends and relatives, but I've never had such a problem. So far I've always been able to solve everything, but here I have to say that I can't get any further without help.
The only thing I can think of right now is to replace the mainboard or CPU.

I wish you all a nice Week!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Other users have complained about the same error and symptoms here at AMD Forum.

Found this Reddit Thread with similar error and crashes. Some Users mentioned what fixed the problem for them: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/hhn8wl/whealogger_event_id_18_cache_hierarchy_error/

Also when you switched from the 3000 series to the 5000 series CPU did you check to see if the same RAM you are using is on the 5000 series QVL LIST for RAM for your Motherboard?

0 Likes