cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Brother_monk
Journeyman III

Overclocking

I have a radeon 6800xt with a ryzen 7 5800x and i have been messing around with the overclocking i am not a wizz by any means with computers but i watched a few videos and tryed my best and i ran it at 2600mhz max min was 2400mhz set power consumption to max and voltage to 1025 and fan speed all on max i also put my vram to fast timings on memory and the frequency was 2150mhz. As for the cpu i jus did the basic overclock on ryzen master which worked very well in alot of games and had no stutter running games on ultra settings but i have had issues of it crashing on the new battlefield and had to put bk to default settings and it also crashed twice on halo infinite shud i leave it alone and stick to default or did i do something wrong please help ? 

0 Likes
2 Replies

As with any OC, what works on one app. is not guaranteed to be stable on all/every app.

So you find the worst perf/unstable app. and retune OC to work with that, also 2150 on vram will only work on exceptional quality chips (silicon lottery), most are 2130 tops.

I don't know if your using the MPT and asked on OC forums for possible optimal settings.

And of course BF2042 is a joke re current state of the game.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with the ultra settings (MSAA, etc.) in the game graphics is that the case of e.g. from 2k hardly any picture improvements, rather worse pixelated, bring, but the computing power of the GPU increases extremely, you can then use the PC to heat a small room! That even pushes high-end cards to their limits. I don't understand why such graphics cards have to be boosted anyway. I wish you a Merry Christmas.

0 Likes