cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Order Canceled In Error

I ordered a 6800 XT Midnight Black on 4/8/2021 to be delivered to my mom's address for HER. Shipped out on 4/12/2021 (Fun fact: FedEx lost it. Yay.)

Then on 4/16/2021, I was able to order two (2) more 6800 XT Midnight Black to be delivered to MY address for use by ME, and AMD canceled BOTH of them. I can understand canceling ONE of them to limit one per household, but...I just don't see any good reason to cancel both.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is AMD STORE FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Order Information

1. Are there any limitations or restrictions, when purchase from AMD.com?
    • Based on demand, AMD may limit purchases (for example, to one per person/household), to ensure we reach the broadest number of customers.  This could include cancellation of multiple orders, once placed.

This is my opinion on why AMD Store cancelled both your of your purchases:

You made two orders with 3 GPUS total from the same address even though one of the orders was delivered to a different address.

Which is considered to be Multiple orders from the same address. I imagine you used the same credit card which had your current address and not your mother's address.

By the way there is no Contact Number to the AMD  Store except the FAQ link above.

Yes, I agree with this opinion. I just think AMD should offer some sort of compromise here since I wouldn't actually be getting 2 cards. I did submit an online service request about this + FedEx losing the first card. I can only hope AMD responds. FedEx told me there was nothing they could do (aside from looking for the package where it was last tracked) and that I needed to contact the originating company - which is AMD. Awful situation all around.

0 Likes

Yes, I guess AMD would have to start the process of making a Claim against FEDEx and either refunding your money or sending out a replacement for the lost GPU card.

I am certain that AMD sent the GPU card with shipping insurance for this type of occasion.

0 Likes