cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rev179
Journeyman III

Only 1 Stick of Ram is detected

Hello, i got some issues with my build, yesterday I swapped my stock cooler with a new one and while doing this i decided to clean up the whole pc. This morning i noticed that out of my 2 8gb sticks of ram only 1 was detected. i thought of a defective stick so i started trying to get wich one was the broken one. but both sticks works perfectly, they dont work in dual mode and only one at the time is detected, i dont think that is a mobo problem 'cause i've put the stick in all the slots and i got no different results so i think it's or a CPU or a software problem. Any advice on how to proceed?

My CPU is a AMD 3 4100 stock clock (i got the new cooler yesterday so.. xd)

The 2 ram sticks are Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200 and my MOBO is Gigabyte B450 DS3H. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Loosen of the CPU cooler slightly.. Not so it's loose but give a little less on each side..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
rev179
Journeyman III

SOLVED 

It was a CPU issue caused by myself. One of the CPU pins was bent. After fixing it with a credit card (thanks Linus) everything works perfectly. 

0 Likes

ahahaha happened to me too a month ago!, bad thing was the pin broke and the MBO PCB was broken.

The credit card trick is gold lol

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D |MSI X570 Unify| PowerColor Red Devil RX6750 XT | 32GB RAM 3200 Mhz