cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chad27
Adept III

Not sure if this timing could be an issue?

I happen to notice what is selected in the bios vs what cpuz says is different. Just want to make sure this isn't a issue that can cause problems.16-17-17-35 is what cpuz is showing.

0 Likes
13 Replies

Go get CPU-Z and see what it has to say. It actually reads the SPD on the RAM sticks and displays them.

I did and cpuz shows 16-17-17-35 the bios docp is 15-17-17-35

0 Likes

check for a BIOS update as there should be no discrepancy

0 Likes
chad27
Adept III

Latest bios guess ill call asus

0 Likes

chad27 wrote:

Latest bios guess ill call asus

indeed 

0 Likes
chad27
Adept III

Screenshot (33).png

0 Likes
chad27
Adept III

A user at the Corsair forum mentioned Gear down may be enabled for a reason in the bios. The ryzen software shows gear down enabled. Said it would result in uneven latencies being rounded up to the next even number. Common for ryzen. I dunno im lost.. Don't recall seeing a gear down in the bios. From what ive read on the subject Ryzen likes even numbers. I did watch a video on 3000mhz cl15 vs 16 not much difference in game that I could see.

0 Likes

chad27 wrote:

A user at the Corsair forum mentioned Gear down may be enabled for a reason in the bios. The ryzen software shows gear down enabled. Said it would result in uneven latencies being rounded up to the next even number. Common for ryzen. I dunno im lost.. Don't recall seeing a gear down in the bios. From what ive read on the subject Ryzen likes even numbers. I did watch a video on 3000mhz cl15 vs 16 not much difference in game that I could see.

There is not a lot of difference in games with memory timing. Reality is that dynamic RAM has not kept up with CPU performance for a long time.

0 Likes

Is there a way to turn it off in the bios? Or better to leave on? I cant find it in the bios and have been unable to reach Asus on the subject

0 Likes

chad27 wrote:

Is there a way to turn it off in the bios? Or better to leave on? I cant find it in the bios and have been unable to reach Asus on the subject

I suggest leaving the BIOS alone unless the machine has BSOD problems.

0 Likes

I get a Irql not less or equal rarely.  ntkrnlmp.exe. Yeah I guess I will That whole gear down goes way in depth over my head. Was reading an article on Amd reddit

0 Likes

chad27 wrote:

I get a Irql not less or equal rarely.  ntkrnlmp.exe. Yeah I guess I will That whole gear down goes way in depth over my head. Was reading an article on Amd reddit

That error is usually driver related

if it is a problem DDU can clean up drivers for a fresh install

0 Likes

I decided to turn it off. Then ran few mem test and no errors.

0 Likes