cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jac0ri
Journeyman III

NEW PC, Good FPS on the first 2 days of pc usage, starting yesterday all games are bad fps. HELP.

Hello, I am looking for a solution to my problem which is; I am getting very bad fps on all games randomly starting yesterday on a newly bought prebuilt PC. (11/29/21) when on the 2 days before that (11/27/21 - 11/28/21) my fps was perfectly fine on all games. (And just for the record on the same day my fps started being bad, when I tried to turn on my pc for the first time that day my monitor wouldn't get a signal from my pc, so I took the lithium battery out of my motherboard for 5 minutes and put it back in for a bios reset, it fixed it but I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of this bad fps problem.

(just gonna slide this in here that it's a prebuilt from cyberpower pc)

Now what's weird is when I opened call of duty cold war to play it, I would get perfect fps but on every other game I tested it was bad here's a list of some of the games I tried, Apex, GTA V, Rust, I even tried Roblox and would only get 30. So what I did today (11/30/21) was do a full reset on my computer to see if that would fix it. So just to do a quick check if it was fixed, I downloaded Roblox and hopped in a random game to check fps, (because surely if I got high fps on Roblox, everything other game's fps would be 3x better) it was at 30 still. I would assume the problem is somewhere in my hardware since I did a full reset on my computer and I wouldn't have any software that would ruin anything. Anyways, if you know how to fix this, or have/are experiencing/experienced the same thing please let me know.

Specs: 
Operating System - Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics

RAM - 7.00 GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (20-19-19-43)                not sure why it says 7 GB when really my pc has 8

Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES (AM4)

GPU - 8176 ATI AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT (ASRock)
            512MB ATI AMD Radeon Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Storage - 465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

I would go to system - advanced system settings and then under performance - let windows handle the pagefile as a start. Perhaps you have set it too low - or someone did. Some say on a 16 gb system you should have between 8-12 gb pagefile ! My current is 5gb - on a 16 gb system. I have the let windows handle this set.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jac0ri
Journeyman III

UPDATE; redownloaded cold war and now it's saying I have insufficient paging filing size

0 Likes

Hi

I would go to system - advanced system settings and then under performance - let windows handle the pagefile as a start. Perhaps you have set it too low - or someone did. Some say on a 16 gb system you should have between 8-12 gb pagefile ! My current is 5gb - on a 16 gb system. I have the let windows handle this set.

0 Likes

It says my page file is being system managed, this is fine right?

0 Likes

Yes would think so. What size does it say you have ?

0 Likes