cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dtuned
Journeyman III

new am5 build strange freezing

hi, I just upgraded to am5 a little while ago and I'm having some very strange freeing happening. I have a triple monitor setup so I usually game on the middle on, watch a show and have discord up on the other 2. randomly one of the screens will begin to freeze up slowly, eg, they YouTube video I'm watching will begin to get choppy then the image will freeze completely but sound will still play, then eventually I will loose sound as well. then one of the other monitors will start to do the same thing, until eventually my whole computer is frozen. I've noticed this mostly wile playing games but it has happened while just having an application open. I have noticed this happens more regularly and quickly if I have woken the computer up from sleep. I can get a lot more time out of it if I do a hard reset. to me this sounded like a ram issue, so I did a little digging and noticed the ram I had picked was not on the supported list for my motherboard so I bought different ram and returned the old stuff. had a whole 3 days of no freezes but it started happening again today. I'm at a complete loss of what to do now. this is what I have tried so far

-someone in a thread said it might be amd screen recording software in adrenaline, I don't even have an option in adrenaline for this so cant be this
-they also said smart access memory in adrenaline could be the issue, I also don't have an option for this in adrenaline
-used amd cleanup utility
-turned off my ram profile
-updated my mobo bios
-reinstall windows
-tested NVMe drive health they both passed
-had task manager open to see if anything spiked during a freeze, nothing did.

computer specs
CPU - 7800x3d
mobo - TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS wifi
RAM - corsair dominator platinum ‎CMT32GX5M2E6000C36
PSU - EVGA 750w
cooler - DeepCool LS720
NVMe - WD black 500 gb gen 3 and wd black 1tb gen 3
GPU - GTX 1070 FTW

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
0 Likes
0 Replies