cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ducetcro
Journeyman III

My homemade Lunchbox PC please help

I always liked the concept of the Lunchbox PC, but since there are never any affordable cases or the LCD screen is not a wide screen, I decided to make my own portable system. I'm using parts from my AM4 system, since I upgraded to AM5 last year, so it's the 5700G processor and RX 7600 video card. I went with an S300 case, since I could vertically mount the GPU and it wasn't outrageously priced. I also decided to use quick release VESA brackets so I could swap out the different LCD monitors and swap to a VESA stand, if I wanted. The monitors are still HDMI, but are powered by the USB port, so I only have to worry about plugging into a single outlet. I'm still trying to find something smaller to mount the VESA bracket to as the wall mount bracket I am currently trialing basically blocks half the air flow on one side of the case, even if I use knob screws to allow me to slide it. I also plan on buying a sheet of plastic that I will cut and use a heat gun to mold into a monitor cover/keyboard and mouse holder.

0 Likes
0 Replies