cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Elitehawkeye
Journeyman III

My entire pc freezes

I just got a Rx580, i am playing my games (so far only genshin impact and rainbow six seige) and while im playing my entire pc seems to freeze, and nothing works, no shortcuts, no alt f4, no power button, i had an nvidia 1060 before this, i tried to lower graphics but it still doesnt work, i tried putting it back in, didnt work, i put in a gpu stand and it worked for a bit, but now its back to what it was doing previously, im all out of ideas now

0 Likes
3 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

listing your FULL PC specs would be helpful, including make/model/age of your power supply

Did you run DDU when you swapped GPU's to remove all past/present GPU drivers of all GPU's that you have ran on this install of Windows?

How are your CPU/GPU temps? How is your airflow thru your case? What case are you running?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
xAHMEDx
Adept I

This is a general problem, not just you. Most people suffer from this problem, especially with rx580/rx570 cards. I am one of them, hoping that the company will fix this problem
You are not the only one who has this problem, unfortunately there is no solution sorry about it

0 Likes

Don't give up so easily. If you have a social media account, make sure to call out AMD's Twitter account by posting comments in their posts. Make your voice heard. Also, make sure to report the issue through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form . I have one of their newest GPUs, and it's still poorly supported. I crash on all games with a black screen. People need to speak out against this stuff, either by voting with their wallets or calling AMD out publicly. We need to make sure that they don't think they can't get away with this ****.

0 Likes