cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jotax95
Journeyman III

My athlon 3000G isn't compatible with Windows 11

Hi, I tried to install Windows 11 on my PC, but the Windows 11 installer says no, my CPU is not supported. I use the PC health check and the same.
Athlon 3000g appears in the list of CPUs compatible with Windows 11, but it has a different name in the PC health check "Amd Athlon 3000G with Radeon Vega Graphics", I don't know if this is influencing the installation error, and PC health check.

My screenshots are in spanish.

Windows 11 install - cpu isn't compatibleWindows 11 install - cpu isn't compatible3000G in windows 11 list3000G in windows 11 list3000G with other name3000G with other name

1 Solution

Yes your processor should be supported by Windows 11. The Athlon 3000g is a Zen+ processor which is supported.

The names are the same.

Either Microsoft determined that the Athlon 3000g is not supported and the list hasn't be updated or the Windows 11 App has a bug in it.

I would contact Microsoft Support and asked them why your processor is being tagged as not supported when it is listed on the CPU Support list for Windows 11.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Yes your processor should be supported by Windows 11. The Athlon 3000g is a Zen+ processor which is supported.

The names are the same.

Either Microsoft determined that the Athlon 3000g is not supported and the list hasn't be updated or the Windows 11 App has a bug in it.

I would contact Microsoft Support and asked them why your processor is being tagged as not supported when it is listed on the CPU Support list for Windows 11.

vn_thanhsang
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issues but idkw my window has been modified , i can't even see the results of the pc heath check, it keep saying that the company (where I have my window installed) manages updates while i can normally update window 10

vn_thanhsang_0-1633787079700.png

vn_thanhsang_1-1633787095225.png

vn_thanhsang_2-1633787212393.png

I would ask your IT Professional or the person in charge of your computer system to take a look at your problem. It is possible with Windows 11 stricter security it needs to be configured by the company's IT Professional.

You do realize there's two versions of the Athlon 3000g. Which one do you have? One is Zen and one is Zen+. These are the models: Picasso (YD3000C6M2OFH) and Raven Ridge (YD3000C6M2OFB). The Picasso version of the Athlon 3000G should work with Windows 11.

I checked my cpu model, it's a raven ridge, so it is not able to run win 11, right? 

Or I have to wait a little longer, since on the window supported cpu list did not say which model of the athlon 3000g will compatible.

Windows 11 is compatible with all Zen+ processors and newer but not compatible with ZEN or ZEN1 processors like yours if it is a Raven Ridge AMD Processor.

Mzm
Journeyman III

AMD Athlon ۔3000g has two variants. There are two core versions of this particular CPU.
The Raven Ridge (‎YD3000C6FHBOX) and the Picasso (YD3000C6M2OFH).
Windows 11 will not recognize the Raven Ridge version only the Picasso version

0 Likes

I have the same problem. After some research here are my findings.

There are two version of Athlon 3000G.
YD3000C6FHBOX based on Dali core name based on original raven ridge (zen)
YD3000C6FBBOX based on original raven ridge (zen)
(I am talking about retail box pack only, not OEM)

AMD originally released the FH model, later they released a new version without announcing it. Dont know why AMD done it, may be due to chip shortage?

-FH are mostly made in China
-FB are mostly made in Malaysia
-FB mostly released in low income market like Indonesia, Malaysia, India etc
-FB is basically exact copy of Athlon 240GE which is rebranded as 3000g, speed increased, unlocked
-FB is rare and hardly 5% of all 3000g, even AMD page mentions FH model only.
-windows 11 only support FH model since its most popular
-all 3000g are based on Zen architecture. There is no Zen+ / Picasso version
-Gigabyte website is showing two 3000g with Revision 0 being FB and Revision 1 being FH further confirm it.
-Model number of Athlon 220GE/240GE also ends with FB

I dont know if there is any performance difference, but I feel cheated.
AMD support accepted my RMA but local center refused it saying you will get same model number even if we replace it.

0 Likes