cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

andreas2
Journeyman III

multi gpu is the same amd crossfire

I want to ask a question multi GPU choice  is the same as amd Crossfire choice  for two cards?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

If you're referring to DirectX 12 multi-GPU, no, it's not the same thing as Crossfire.  It even works with cards from different makers, but the developer has to do all the work, so virtually no games support it.

ok just because I play a game and it shows me that it supports.

0 Likes

What I wanted to write and say is that there is a case to show me that it supports crossfire x  but in fact it does not work.

0 Likes

sorry can you answer me please?

0 Likes

please and something else multi gpu and amd crossfire  and they have it differently directx.

0 Likes

sorry can you answer me please to the question I asked you ?

0 Likes

You'll have to take your time and rephrase your question, as I don't understand what you're asking.

0 Likes

Multi-gpu is different than amd crossfire.

Crossfire is an amd technology where two or more gpus in the same gpu family work together producing alternate frames, or parts of frames together.

Multi-gpu is using multiple gpus on one system to drive different screens, and in the case of direct x 12 can be used to help offload processing from a primary gpu.

0 Likes

Sorry but I did not ask this question.What I wanted to write and say is that there is a case to show me that it supports crossfire x  but in fact it does not work?multi gpu and amd crossfire  and they have it differently directx?

0 Likes

Crossfire is dead with newer cards.  Only older cards support it, and it doesn't work well in a large number of games. 

0 Likes

ok thank you

0 Likes