Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

More than angry, right out of the cart?

I've been stewing about this for a day now. Yesterday morning right at launch I actually managed to get a 6800 into the cart...

Then the site 503'd on the cart... refresh, 503. Refresh, 503... finally get to the bloody payment page, and the PP link didn't work. Check the networking tab of the browser tools, it's 503... after a few tries FINALLY get the PP to approve the auth, get to the shipping page... try to submit... 503. 503... FINALLY get to the confirm sale...

Out of stock. 

IT WAS IN MY FLIPPING CART, PAYMENT AUTHORIZED THROUGH PP, OUT OF STOCK ON SUBMIT. You know what, **** you!

Now, I'm a web developer by trade, that is almost as ****ing inept a train wreck of BULL as you can get. Literally snatched out of my damned cart!

So... guess I'm going to be staying with the GTX 1070 I got before the mining dirtbags screwed over prices for what, four more years? These paper launches and distribution woes are only further exacerbating an already intolerable year of hell. FFS when stores around the US had lines of 200+ people waiting and most places got 20-30 cards apiece? /FAIL/ at product manufacture and distribution.

What the **** is wrong with this industry?

34 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: More than angry, right out of the cart?

OH, also love how you have a shop with no sign of an official contact for if things go wrong, a "contact us" page that doesn't even provide the courtesy of a contact form, etc, etc. /FAIL/ at even the most basic aspects of sitebuilding too.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Exact same thing happened to me.  Got my hopes up, only to be dashed to the rocks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You didn't specify which Retailer you put your GPU card in the Cart.

You need to take it up with the Retailer Customer Service. It isn't AMD's fault what the Retailer does or doesn't do with its website or merchandise it is selling.

From a previous Thread concerning the AMD Store, AMD doesn't sell the new GPU card directly from AMD. They refer you to various Retailers that will sell them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Not true, there were buy direct links on the AMD site, and that's where a lot of these problems happened.  Stop trying to be an apologist for AMD...they screwed this up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

If you noticed "BUY DIRECT" directs you to a list of  all the Retailers that are selling the new GPU cards.

AMD doesn't have any control on what the Retailer's advertise or have in stock.

The only thing AMD does have control is supplying the Retailers with the new GPU cards.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 140516.png

Yes  I am being an apologist when you are falsely blaming AMD for a Retailer's issue that AMD has no control.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Not my experience...the direct link sent me to a "products in stock for purchase" page, and then clicking the 6800 XT link tried to put it in an AMD shopping cart.  Sure seems like they were selling them direct.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

well, I just clicked on "BUY DIRECT" and then clicked on "AMAZON" and it went to the new GPU card which says it is Out-of -Stock.

Never took me to the AMD Store  where I can put it in AMD Store's Cart.

So unless AMD changed the format since you last clicked on "DIRECT BUY" I suggest you open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and let them know your experience from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

They were selling them directly, because I bought one, don't listen to what others are saying.

Thank you for ordering from AMD.com Online Store on 18 November 2020. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for DRI*AMD.COM STORE on your credit card billing statement.

Using Direct Buy didn't take me to another retailer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks Bizzle, I knew I wasn't going crazy.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos