cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

more chipsets

AMD has launched new chipsets with each Ryzen series.

Ryzen 1000 had the A320, B350 and X370.

Ryzen 2000 has the B450 and X470.

Ryzen 3000 has the B550 and X570.

So the upcoming Ryzen 4000 are likely to introduce  new crop of motherboards to consider along with a CPU

I have lots of video cards so I was thinking of a higher end board to run dual cards. Many games still scale with dual cards nicely. I tested a lot of games with my GTX 690 recently.

4 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

There might be a new chipset coming out for these chip.

I'm personally not expecting one though since AMD's AM4 socket timeline is due to run out at the end of this year.

I'm thinking we will get a new chipset with a new CPU socket around September next year with refreshed versions of the new CPU we are expecting next month.

0 Likes

AMD has had a chipset for the earlier launches so I expect maybe one last one before AMD moves to DDR5 next year.

0 Likes

You could be right.

It probably depends if there are performance and feature improvements they can make.

0 Likes

It could be we get one more but remember we just got the B550 board a year after Zen2 released. Also with all prior boards we had announcements of the upcoming boards well before release. Nothing to my knowledge has been mentioned yet about a new chipset. I would not be surprised either way. 

0 Likes