cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

warm
Newcomer

monitor loses signal when gaming.

Hello, I own an amd RX 5600XT which I bought in May of 2024.

I've for a while have been experiencing random signal loss whilst playing Grand Theft Auto 5 and Need For Speed Heat.

The game would load in and after a couple of minutes of driving around, the screen goes black and a message pops up saying the display has lost signal or something. This only happens when I play the above mentioned games, but when I play valorant it runs fine.

Once I restart the computer, the AMD drivers completely disappear from the control panel.

I've tried DDU and reinstalling drivers, windows reset, game re-installation, swapping the ram sticks on the motherboard, temperature monitoring which shows its between 60-65 when gaming, and they've all seemed to do absolutely nothing.

PC SPECS

AS Rock RX 5600 XT Challenger D OC 6GB

Intel Core i5 8400
Gigabyte z370m d3h
T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Cooler Master MWE 550 230V
27in Viewsonic 165hz something
monitor.

Do let me know of any solutions or any other troubleshooting methods.
Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jessie_Ross
Adept I

Sounds like you've tried a lot already. Have you checked your power cables to the GPU? Try different ones if possible. Also, make sure you're not overclocking your CPU or GPU. Lastly, try running a stress test on your GPU to see if the issue happens outside of games. Let me know if any of these help!

Good things take time.
0 Likes