cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

john1224
Journeyman III

measurements of the wraith prism

where can I find the measurements on the wraith prism? I want to know if the wraith prism will interfere with height of the RAM

5 Replies

This British Advertisement says the AMD Prism height is 9.63 Centimeters (3.79 Inches): https://www.aria.co.uk/VendorStores//WRAITH+PRISM+RGB+-+AM4+Ryzen+CPU+Cooler+?productId=70712 

This YouTube video Unpacking the Wrath Prism verifies the above information: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Unboxing and Measure of Wraith Prism - YouTube 

The tape is showing a little less than 4" of height. The Subtitle is not correct. It should be 95 MM tall not 95 CM tall. 95 Milimeters equal 3.7" inches.

It looks to me from the video in the link that you graciously provided that the distance from the base of the cooler to the bottom of the where the fins fan out and overhang the base is about 32 mm. If the width  of the cooler does not extend over the DIMM slots, I will be fine.  However, if the width of the cooler extends over the DIMM slots, that would eliminate most RAM manufacturers except for Corsair Vengeance LPX.  Thanks for the information.  

0 Likes

I have watched a couple of YouTube videos where it shows installing the Wraith Prism. It doesn't seem to be wide enough to overlap any of the Motherboard's Memory Slots but it is very close to the first slot.

This previous Tech Forum Thread shows a good YouTube Video showing that it doesn't overlap the first RAM Slot by one of the Users : https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1099661-clearance-concerns/  (From one of the Replies show a YouTube video)

yes I installed one just last Saturday. The fan part barely goes over the first Dimm slot but the sink itself is far enough away. Unless you have unusually tall memory then it should not be any issue.

One nice thing I will add is that due to the design of the Prism with the downward fan. It does push a good amount of air over the ram sticks.