cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Sir_Metaladon
Journeyman III

Massive GPU spike every 5 seconds with 2nd monitor

Hello. I'm new here, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules. Cheers!

I have a A10-7850k APU with R7 Graphics. Occasionally, when I have a 2nd monitor plugged in to the port on the back of the motherboard, the processor GPU usage spikes to 100% every 5 seconds. It brings my entire computer to a standstill for half a second, then things return to normal. 

In the task manager, it shows the Radeon Settings: Host Service using about 25% of my CPU for that same half-second before returning to normal, as well as a tall GPU spike to 100% that alternates between my CPU-GPU and my dedicated GPU (a Nvidia 750Ti). Very occasionally, an error popup appears onscreen saying that AMDRSServ is accessing memory at 0000x000 (some long hex number) I would post a picture, but it hasn't happened in a while. All of this goes away instantly the moment I unplug the second monitor.

Neither of the online fixes for abnormally high Radeon Settings: Host Service load work for me. I already have a ReLive folder, and the "Media" tab containing the "Instant Replay" fix doesn't exist in my settings window.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies