cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Teemo95
Journeyman III

Many questions about AMD adaptive extended Freesync, enhanced sync, anti lag, FPS cap

Hello folks.

I mainly play LoL and Valorant on a 180hz monitor.

I would like to achieve the best possible result.

I have the following questions and whether I have understood everything correctly about these things:

AMD adaptive extended Freesync:

Freesync is only activated when it is needed?

Freesync is mainly an answer for the tearing problem?

So if my FPS is below my monitor refresh rate then freesync synchronizes the refresh rate to the fps?

Is the adaptive extended version also limited to 144hz?

What if, for example, I achieve 180 FPS without tearing, does Freesync have to be active at all (if it even works for this FPS) or as I asked above, is it only active when it has to be? So I could leave it activated without thinking about it?

I think freesync has the most advantages if, for example, I play a graphics-intensive game where the FPS fluctuates more back and forth and the monitor automatically adapts to the FPS?

AMD enhanced sync:

For example, if I manage more than 180 FPS and notice that the game has problems with it (tearing or what I had, for example, were micro stutters) then would enhanced sync be a good solution?

What is the advantage of higher FPS than the refresh rate that is uncapped with enhanced sync enabled?

I heard that the input lag is minimal compared to vsync.

What's more beneficial?

And is this “input lag” really that big and do you even notice it as a human being?

Anti lag:

I heard in a video that Anti lag only works if one or all three of the criteria are met:

1. Frame rate is lower than my Monitors refresh rate

2. When FPS drops below the monitors refresh rate

3. My GPU usage is above 85%

The question now is this: If I have FPS drops in the game because of certain actions, for example a team fight with a lot of spells and the FPS drops, would anti lag be useful?

Does it matter if it's always on and what "negative" influences could it have?

I would probably have to test the whole Thing

And now the general questions:

Is it better to cap an FPS and match your refresh rate (as long as possible) or leave it uncapped for competitive purposes?

If you want to cap the FPS, what is the best way to do this?

In-game?

Radeon Chill?

RTSS?

A better version that I don't know about?

And if you do that, many people have said that you should set your FPS 2-3 below your refresh rate. Is this still relevant and useful?

What does this all look like for casual gaming? Do the same rules apply? For example for story games

What does the whole thing actually look like when I'm in idle mode? Should I then have an extra profile that doesn't have freesync and so on? I don't want to waste energy unnecessarily when I don't need it.

Thank you in advance for every useful answer

0 Likes
0 Replies