cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jrob236
Journeyman III

Low FPS Game Start

Just got my Rx 6600 swft 210 about a month ago, and it has ran flawlessly until recently been happening more and more frequently where on the desktop fps is fine and everything but as soon as i open any game the game has a very low fps on start and stays like that, Also when i open a game the clock speed of my gpu doesn't change just stays at it's idle clock. Any Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for the response. I had finally figured what my problem was, The Screen sleep timer for my monitor after it slept once then my problem occurred, so turning it off has fixed my computer 

Anyone else with this problem you can fix it by going to Settings>Power>Screen and Sleep? and set them to never

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

I would recommend starting with a completely fresh driver install.  It sounds like something might have gotten mucked up at the driver level.

To best do this I run a program called Display Driver Uninstaller.  I do suggest what they do and running the program in safe mode and turning off Windows' ability to download and install drivers.  These are options it will suggest to/ask you to turn on when you first open the program.  Once you mark those checkboxes restart the program and select "Safe Mode" and your system will reboot into safe mode.  You can get DDU here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Once in Safe mode and logged in, the DDU dialog box will pop back up.  On the right it will have two drop boxes: one for what to clean (GPU or audio) and brand (for GPU the options are AMD and Nvidia).  Select GPU and AMD then hit the clean and restart button.

Once your system restarts after the driver clean up, install the latest driver version.  You can download this directly from AMD here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6600-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

Let me know if this helps or not.  If not I'll try to come up with another solution.

Ryzen 9 5950X | 6950XT Liquid Devil | ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme | Team Force Dark Za 64GB (16GB x4) |Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB and 4TB |EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | One crazy cooling loop

Thanks for the response. I had finally figured what my problem was, The Screen sleep timer for my monitor after it slept once then my problem occurred, so turning it off has fixed my computer 

Anyone else with this problem you can fix it by going to Settings>Power>Screen and Sleep? and set them to never

Hope this helps

0 Likes

你好

0 Likes