cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

flamezgaming
Journeyman III

Linking two rx580s

Hi guys, so I have no idea how to link two graphics cards and need some help. I have with me a RX580 8gb and RX580 4gb and both is in my0 pc setup with the 8gb card the primary and the 4gb card the secondary. Does both cards work now as one? will I get more performance graphics wise and my main question is can I stream using the 4gb card while playing seperately on the 8gb card. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies

best to have both cards as 8GB or both as 4GB, given the mix you are wasting 4GB of VRAM on the 8GB card in CFX

0 Likes

thanks hardcoregames, does that mean that the 4gb card is useless and I wont gain any performance in graphics?

0 Likes

For the most part yes. VERY FEW GAMES SUPPORT CROSSFIRE. Many of the ones that did, no longer do in recent drivers or game engine updates. If you decide to pair them they will perform to the lower common denominator. 

Crossfire and SLI are discontinued after DX 11. DX12 supports what is called Multi GPU if the game developer decides to support it. In about 3 years now of DX 12 being out no more than a hand full support this feature.

Your best bet is one card that meets your needs. If you need more than what a 580 can do you would be better to sell them both and apply it to a more powerful card. 

0 Likes

flamezgaming wrote:

thanks hardcoregames, does that mean that the 4gb card is useless and I wont gain any performance in graphics?

what happens is that the extra 4GB on the one card is ignored in CFX mode

0 Likes