cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Latest Gigabyte B550 VISION D-P (rev. 1.x) BIOS (F16) Gone?

This isn't the best place to bring this up, but since it's impossible to contact Gigabyte, I thought I'd give it a try.  About 3 weeks ago, Gigabyte finalized their F16 BIOS for their B550 VISION D-P (rev. 1.x) motherboard (and, I think, all their other B550 motherboards).  Since the previous BIOS (F15) was over a year old, I updated to it.  Today, I looked at their support page for the motherboard:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-VISION-D-P-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios 

and noticed the F16 BIOS was gone.  I can find nothing on the internet about this.  Has anyone heard anything about why Gigabyte's pulled this BIOS?

0 Likes
3 Replies

They are listed on the newer 'auros.com' site.

The old 'gigabyte' site link often throws server security errors for me, been using the 'auros' site for some time now.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

This morning, Gigabyte added an F17 BIOS to their support page for my motherboard:

1. Checksum : 183C
  2. Update AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
  3. Fix AMD processor vulnerabilities security
  4. Addresses potential UEFI vulnerabilities. (LogoFAIL)

It's not even their normal "beta" versions (F17a, F17b, etc.).  Just a final version.  F16 is still missing and no explanation given.  I assume something was very wrong with F16 (and its year's worth of betas) and I should install F17 immediately.  But, I can't find anything official.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I wrote Gigabyte last week about the F16 BIOS going missing and this is the reply I got from them:

"Thank you for contacting Gigabyte tech support. There are no issues. F16 was just taken down for maintenance and has since been updated to F17."

It's nice that they replied.  But, I don't know that I believe what they say.  Why would anyone take a BIOS release down for "maintenance"?  What does that even mean?  Why did F17 get posted without any intervening F17a, F17b, etc. releases?

Oh well.  It's not like I can do anything about it.  I guess I'll just update to F17.

0 Likes