Journeyman III

Lagging ingame with Twitch stream open

System specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800xt
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8gb
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390
+ AIO cooler for the cpu

Whenever I play CSGO (on 144Hz monitor), a game that doesn't require much to run properly, I find that I will be lagging and stuttering ingame while I have a Twitch stream open (even on low quality) on my second monitor using Chrome. It doesn't change anything between having Chrome's hardware acceleration turned on or off. It sounds weird that it doesn't change anything, because shouldn't my CPU take the load of the Twitch stream? While gaming and having a stream open my CPU usage is still prety low. I have re-installed all AMD software and drivers so everyting is up to date. Unfortuantely I have always had this problem, even when I was using my old CPU and MOBO that were 5 years old, but it sucks that I'm still experiencing this with fairly new pc components (except for the GPU ofcourse). Just to add, recent virus/malware check came back negative.
Does anyone have any clue what might be able to help me out here?

EDIT: Also my GPU usage won't be on 100% while watching the stream and playing the game. Shouldn't it therefor not lagg if there is still more room left for calculations?

0 Likes
0 Replies