cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

JackMaxs
Adept I

Lag or stturing with new graphics RX 7600 xt

They gave me a new Rx 7600 xt graphics card to change it to my old Rx 580, so with this new graphics I can notice some stuttering in some games, I can also notice a big improvement in fps.
What seems too strange to me is that even though it now has many more fps when they drop a little, this stutter is noticeable.
I have noticed in Howards Legacy and in slightly older games like Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 that with the RX 580 I got more fps and stability in this game.
I would like to know which components may be most compatible and what advice you can give me. I leave specifications of my computer.

Motherboard: B450m ds3h V1
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Ram: DDr4 32gb crucial pro 3200mhz
Graphics card: AMD rx 7600 xt
SSD: 512mb
Hard drive: 1TB
Power source: Corsair rm750m
LG Ultragear 24-inch 1080p monitor - 144hz

Thank you very much 
0 Likes
13 Replies
Ketchup
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem with the same graphics card....
I want to know if it is because the motherboard doesnt support PCIE 4.0 x16...
And my  rx 580 x i get more fps than the rx 7600 xt which is 10x better....

PLEASE HELP

How do you have the graphics connected? 1 cable or 2 independent cables?

0 Likes

@Ketchup wrote:

I want to know if it is because the motherboard doesnt support PCIE 4.0 x16...

That would cause some low performance in the magnitude of 2-10fps, maybe 15ish, not much more than this. There are some comparisons on the youtube between 3.0 and 4.0

But if you play with vsync ON at a monitor with high refresh rate, something like 144hz and the GPU fails to throw that many frames to the monitor, you'll get stuttering and/or input lag.

Variable Refresh Rate can help with this or just disable vsync and deal with the screen tearing.

Try it out

The Englishman
0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

IS probably the driver, if you have 24.1.1 installed. If not, ignore my reply.

If that is the case, try the solution in this post:
https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/gpu-driver-24-1-1-causes-system-lock/m-p/662061#M45...

0 Likes
KratkoCebe
Adept I

I got too RX 7600 XT and have crashing only in Warzone, game filing up vram and just crash. Tried different drivers and same happening. Dont know what else to do. Uninstalled with ddu , installed again new. Dont want to reinstall Windows because i think its not because of system. All other games work fine FPS is good. 

0 Likes

If I have freesync on my monitor, although my monitor has 2 types of freesync, extended and basic freesync, the basic ranges from 60 - 144 and the extended range from 48 - 144, I don't know which is better

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Do you play with vsync On or Off?

Is your monitor freesync compatible? If so, have you enabled Freesync?

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

If I have freesync on my monitor, although my monitor has 2 types of freesync, extended and basic freesync, the basic ranges from 60 - 144 and the extended range from 48 - 144, I don't know which is better

0 Likes

But do you play with Vsync On or Off?

See my explanation above for stuttering.

The Englishman

If I have disabled vsync and freesync I see that where I have the most stturing is in howarts legacy, in some other games, it is not so noticeable, but nevertheless it happens, what I could see is that my ram memory is CL22 and for games they recommend a CL16 I don't know if this has anything to do with it

0 Likes

Less latency will provide more performance but more latency won't make games stutter unless there is something serious going on at hardware level.

Try to check adrenalin for more options to decrease load on graphics settings, if you reduce quality inside the game, does it still stutter?

Beware that using the highest quality textures on latest triple A games will cause low performance and/or stuttering on 8Gb cards.

Have you checked VRAM usage?

The Englishman
0 Likes
KratkoCebe
Adept I

With off, and i turned off AMD freesync premium to off on monitor.

0 Likes

@KratkoCebe your situation is different, I suggest you open a new topic.

The Englishman
0 Likes