Adept I

Joystick has stopped working on B450

Hello. My PC configuration:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
  • MB: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
  • RAM: 16GBx2 Samsung
  • GPU: Palit Nvidia 1050Ti
  • Joystick: HAMA uRAGE Vendeta 2

And I have a problem with joystick. He does not work with Windows 10. With linux it does not work fully.

I installed all the drivers, but it failed. At the same time, the joystick fully works on my laptop with windows 10. It also worked completely before updating the PC (on AMD FX-8350). Therefore, I am sure that the problem is in the new hardware(or in default windows drivers). Other USB devices work well.
The joystick doesn’t work in that Windows 10 sees it, but the joystick itself does not see that it is connected.

At the same time, when the computer restarts, the joystick sees the connection (when passing POST and before loading the OS).

Help me please

17 Replies

This Microsoft Forum thread has the exact same problem as you do: Wireless gamepad not working - Microsoft Community 

The User downloaded HAMA Windows 10 driver and it still didn't work. You can try and see if it works for you.

Nikhar_K

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to connect your Hama Urage Vendetta 2 gamepad to your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Upon researching, I found that there are drivers for the gamepad available on the manufacturer’s website. You may want install them and see if that helps. To download the drivers navigate to https://www.hama.com/service/download/drivers/gamecontroller and select Win 7/8/8.1/10 from the drop-down list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

I use an Xbox 360 wireless controller and it has been fine with Windows XP SP3 through Windows 10 tested.

I use it for some games that do not work well with keyboard/mouse

0 Likes

Sorry for the long answer.
No it didn't work for me

0 Likes

I can’t explain it, but when I start VirtualBox (Manger, not a virtual machine), the joystick starts working. It is very strange

0 Likes

dtriangle wrote:

I can’t explain it, but when I start VirtualBox (Manger, not a virtual machine), the joystick starts working. It is very strange

This suggests there is a driver problem. What does the device manager show for the controller?

The result suggest some corruption in windows.

0 Likes

Everything is fine in the dispatcher. The joystick is defined as it should: Microsoft Xbox 360 controller
There are no driver errors or drivers that are not installed

0 Likes

dtriangle wrote:

Everything is fine in the dispatcher. The joystick is defined as it should: Microsoft Xbox 360 controller
There are no driver errors or drivers that are not installed

That is how the USB controller Xbox 360 devices is supposed to be. I have one of them myself and it has not been a problem.

I have a wireless Xbox 360 controller and it works via the USB controller. All I know is that all of the Xbox 360 hardware I have tried all works with the controller fine.

0 Likes

Could be a conflict with another driver or software you have installed.

As noted by a previous reply, I would run in a Elevated Command Prompt or Powershell - SFC /scannow  - to check your Windows OS for corruption or missing files.

Just for troubleshooting purposes, try running a Clean Windows desktop which is basically disabling all 3rd party startups and their software and just allowing Microsoft startup to run.

It is really easy to do and undo.

When you start disabling the 3rd party Startup, don't disable your Joystick driver startup if it is there.

Here is how to do a Clean Windows Desktop boot up: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows 

I completely reinstalled windows. And after that the problem was observed with the installed joystick drivers. For some reason, the problem is solved by opening the VirtualBox window. Then the joysticks are immediately detected. I do not understand how this is related

0 Likes

It seems like the problem is with Hama  game controller drivers not 100% compatible with Windows 10 latest version.

HAMA doesn't have a USA Office. Only in Europe. But send HAMA an email and see what they recommend or how to contact HAMA SUPPORT from here: Contact | hama.co.uk 

The UK was the only English speaking country on the list of European offices they had.

Before reinstalling the windows, I had an Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 version, on which the joystick with the AMD FX-8350 processor worked well, but did not work with Ryzen 5 3600x too

0 Likes
roman_cz
Adept I

Hi I have an issue like  dtriangle. I have the Logitech F710 gamepad and the F458 Italia racing steering wheel. When I connect this wheel than my screen flashing (but Loigi F710 works well). When I remove chipset driver than wheel and gamepad works well (MB Asus B450-i). I tried three last chipset drivers and nothing helped. Also I tried fresh install of the Win10 20h2 and I have a same problem. xbox drivers are from 12/2019.

0 Likes

Make sure to report these issues to AMD, your joystick maker and Microsoft support. 

Microsofts support of gaming devices other than theirs seems to take a back seat getting updates that work with them. My racing wheel has had issues several times now since Windows 10 came out. I finally gave up on my game pad and went to XBox One controllers to avoid issues. 

Realistically to my knowledge nobody has changed the USB 2 standard that most of these controllers use so it really should be up to the chipset driver and whatever is changing in the Windows subsystem that is breaking functionality. 

I get the frustration, as a lot of these gaming devices cost a lot of money. My wheel was several hundred dollars. 

0 Likes

I have a Microsoft 360 wireless controller with the original Microsoft wireless controller. Works fine.

Go ask Logitech what gives for drivers for their gear.

0 Likes

It is not about the logitech. It is about the AMD chipset drivers. I removed the drivers and it solved my problem. Both of them has a same microsoft drivers and both of them run on the another pc well (W10 v2004)

roman_cz wrote:

It is not about the logitech. It is about the AMD chipset drivers. I removed the drivers and it solved my problem. Both of them has a same microsoft drivers and both of them run on the another pc well (W10 v2004)

AFAIK the windows standard drivers work fine so I suggest making do without extra drivers which seems to be at issue.

0 Likes
johnbelley
Adept I

There's a drivers for the game pad on the manufacturer's website. You have to download and install them
https://www.hama.com/service/download/drivers/gamecontroller

0 Likes