cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

nicklaszs
Journeyman III

Issues with new drivers / or Radeon settings

Hello, so I've been having this "shimmering/flickering" effect whenever I move in most of my games for a long time(less noticeable with older games for some reason). Yesterday I got tired and started to search about it. Found some possible solutions but the first thing I tried was to update my drivers to 19.12.12, released last week. It didn't fix the "dancing ants" textures but I decided to just go with it because drivers up-to-date won't does not hurt(lol).

One of the solutions I found, was to use Radeon's VSR tech... I use a generic monitor with a resolution of 1366 x 768. Decided to give it a try, enabling VSR I changed screen resolution to 1920 x 1080. I instantly noticed that it improved and almost fixed the shimmering/flickering issue(Not completely but it was clearly better than before) for these games: Grid: Autosport, PUBG Lite, Wreckfest, Fifa 2018 and Mortal Kombat 11.

So far, everything was great and I was insanely happy cause I would never have to see these awful and distracting textures again... But sadly, today I decided to play CS:GO, and somehow the fps went from 120-150 to 30-40. I looked CS:GO's forum and can't find someone talking about having fps drops so I can't really tell if it's my pc or the game, or both(maybe some incompatibility with the new drivers or the VSR tech?).

I have a Ryzen 5 1500X, RX 560 4GB(drivers 19.12.12), 8GB RAM DDR4 (2666Mhz), and XFX TX 500W as the most important parts(also a regular HDD with 1TB).

0 Likes
0 Replies